Thumping in the night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttons Mum

Reaction score
I have 3 bunnies that I have recently bonded and are all now living together, 2 are polish dwarfs and 1 is a french lop. they are extremely happy together, and spend a lot of time grooming each other.

However, The french Lop, Button, used to be a real lover of thumping in the night. when we 1st got himI used to go out to him and try to calm him down, which obviously rewarded him for the thumping. Since Thimble and Bobbin have moved in he's only thumps once a fortnight or so. But a neighbour has just got a rabbit and I've heard her thumping in the night, she's started him off, and 2 of the others.

Is there anything I can do to stop it?

As Button is so huge (14lb!) and the enclosed part of his hutch is suspended abouve the run so has a nice hollow floor he's really loud. I event heard my the lady in the house attahced get up and open the window last night to see what the noise was!

Any help greatefully received!

A very tired slave!

Try a night light. :) Sounds silly but my girl Amber thumps at night without one.

a night light is a good idea, my boy Rocky will attack the bars on his cage for attention when he is inside. We turned on the light, and he went to sleep. Strange creatures lol

I have a rabbit that thumps at night too. I never know why, the other rabbit is fine and she is just down the hall from me. If anything was going on, I would hear it. I am a light sleeper which is why her thumping wakes me up. I will have to try the light. I never thought of that.

Usually when a rabbit thumps their foot it means that there is danger in the area. I would check the area at night and see if there is anything out of the ordinary. If not then try the night light. I hope things are okay with your rabbits and they are safe.

Latest posts

Back