Thumping and other stuff

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo4411

Reaction score
hmm i always thought thumping was reserved for when the bunnies felt threatened or scared. my bun seems to do it for attention! the other day i was on the computer, and i wouldnt pay attention to her so she stood on her back legs, whined at me (like mmmmrgh!!) and thumped!

also... yesterday i took her to the kitchen, where shes been a few times and let her run around on the floor. i sat down on the floor n she hopped in my lap. my mom peeled a banana and held it out for her to eat. she took 3 bites out of it, then became insanely scared of the banana :S like, she sorta grunted and hid her head under my shirt when we tried to offer it to her again.. hmm. it was pretty funny and weird, cause usualy she loves banana.

Haha, from my experience, they thump whenever they feel the need;). Silly Buns. Seriously, they do it when they think something huge just stepped into your living room:?:D.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, they're just being buns.:biggrin2:

Bun are strange like that. Mine stamp for anything, excitement, food, fear, attention, loads. It's an easy way for them to communicate because they can't talk,so they make another noise.

And with the banana, maybe something else happened, like did another animal she doesn't like walk into the room,or did the banana smell funny or something.I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, it's just a case of learnign her behaviour and the reasons behind it.

The nose you herd was growling. Bunnies do that for various reasons, To get attention or to warn you that theres something wrong. Like a predator.

Babyy thumps at when im feeding her something and i move it, Like i turn it or something so maybe it was turned in a way she dint like?.

Brandy456 wrote:
The nose you herd was growling. Bunnies do that for various reasons, To get attention or to warn you that theres something wrong. Like a predator.

Babyy thumps at when im feeding her something and i move it, Like i turn it or something so maybe it was turned in a way she dint like?.

yea she gets into really bad moods sometimes and all she does is growl at me :p

but about the banana. it smelled ok to me, and i tried a piece. she even tried to attack it. werid.. she usualy loves bananas!!

Rabbits have a very heightened sense of smell compared to us, so she might be smelling something you aren't. Or she might associate it with something bad (like if the previous time she had it something scared her like a loud noise), it could be to do with how you are approaching her with it, often if approached from above or quickly rabbits can panic because they think it is a predator. Or it could be something totally unrelated to all that.

Try not to worry too much about it. Maybe give her some cut up banana cubes in a dish or something as opposed to the whole banana, that might break the cycle. But don't force it on her if she doesn't want it, maybe she just doesn't fancy banana at the moment.

Latest posts

Back