Thumpers ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IluvBunniez

Reaction score
Hey guys its1:00am and I couldnt sleep so I got up to check on the rabbits and Inoticed that in one of Thumpers ears is a small amount of ear wax. Iunderstand that this happend to everyone and everthing but is there anycertian way to get the wax out of her ears?I heard somewear to cleanthere ears with baby-oil is this true? I dont want to risk anythinghapping to my bunnys so I came here 1st.

TTyL

Ashley,Thumper,Faynay

Baby oilmay work (I've never triedit). Ear mite medication which you can purchase at the petstores also dissolves the ear wax very well.

Pam

How far deepdown is the ear wax? you can always try to use water and then scrub itout. I'm not the right one to ask, personally to me. I would also trydog or cats ear solution from vets to clean the ears out thats what weuse on our dogs when we have to clean their ears. I wouldn't suggest toput your finger down there to get the wax out if its down deep. Anotheridea is to us a swab and wet it with water or ear solution and justgently clean the ear wax out, but make sure you don't do it deep or youcan use your finger. I used my finger one time and it wasgrooooooooose!! If you clean down to deep you can damage his eardrumand hearing. I have done all of these solutions uptop and they workquit well, to my point of view.;)

From,

FrenchLopGirl1280:dude:

Oh, Sorry again,forgot about baby-oil. I heard that works good. But I have never doneit. And what is baby-oil anyways? I would just experiament. I think itmakes your skin nice. Huh, does that even work on ear wax? I'mlaughing. just try something that you think won't harm the rabbit, Ihave never had a rabbit become death or anything from cleaning itsears.

From,

FrenchLopGirl1280:dude:

Thank you so very much you guys.Itryed baby oil and It looked like it worked so far, but thumper dontlike one bit! I tryed to use a Q-tip and when I touched her ear shejumped so I stoped I dont wanna hurt her,They havent had earmites yetbut I guess ill go ahead and get the MED for it for waxto,Thanks agian

Ashley,Thumps,Faynay:D

Latest posts

Back