Thumper pooping on couch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ama124

Reaction score
Hi! I just got a rabbit twoweeks ago and he is great! I never knew how much personalityand love a rabbit could have. He was litter trained in abouttwo days and he is pretty good about always using his litterbox. He never poops on the floor or chairs, but when he getson the couch (which he loves to do) he usually goes a little.He also goes on the bed when he gets a chance to get upthere. We usually keep the door shut to thebedroom. I was wondering why he will poop on the couch, butrarely on the floor anywhere but his litter box?Thanks!

I know when i use to let my bun run free inthe house he would goin the dogs cage and poop in there. Imthinking maybe its his was of marking his territory. Also when i firstgot my rabbit he would also poop every where...but he longer does thatevery once in a while ill find poop under a dresser but really notmuch...i let him run free in my daughters room with the cage door openso he can go to his litter box whenever he needs to go.

I was thinking it could be territorialtoo. We use the couch more than the chairs so he is probablymarking it. I want to take him to a vet to find out if he isnuetered because I don't think he is. I think that might helptoo. Thanks for your help!

Welcomeama124!

I'd do agree with both you andCuddlesMom.

He's pooping on the couch toclaim his territory. Ofcourse, you can't have him continue to dothat. Oneof the things I've found to be an effective training tool for suchoccasions is a watergun. Give him a warning andifhe doesn't get off the couch after a warning, give him a shot in thetail. He most likely won't like it and will beat feet offthat couch not knowing where the water came from. If youdon't catch him in the act,itseffectiveness lessensconsiderably.

-Carolyn

We're happy to have you here. :)

Keep us posted, and keep that little monster off your couch.

-Carolyn

Back