Thumper and Peaches - Loving Life

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx guys :D. I'm back from my short two day trip to Fl. and how nice it was...except I kept calling my mom's dog THUMPER!! :shock:I really missed them.

Today we went for another car ride. Everything was nice and calm. We came home and they were in the pen snuggling up to eachother...then, Peaches got to close to Thumpers rumpand all heck broke loose:grumpy:...So, we will go at it again tomorrow...They were together for about 1 1/2 hrs today.:biggrin2:

I did get some pics b4 I left. Here is there set up. They are close to eachother...they've been that way since Peaches came home but I modified it a bit before I left on Thurs.

ThumperandPeaches015.jpg

ThumperandPeaches012.jpg

Of course, Thumper wanted to be groomed while Peaches was eating. :foreheadsmack:

ThumperandPeaches019.jpg

As for Peaches, she is still taking her time. My poor girl...she is really scared but coming around. Today, she came up to me and licked me!:woohoo

Hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving!

Ooh, how I love those little buns! So cute and sweet! Did you have a good trip to Florida? I need to update Rory's blog, it's been a couple weeks! Webshots is acting dumb and I was waiting until I could post some pics of him, but I guess not every post has to have pictures! Oh, and don't tell Thumper and Peaches, but I asked my boyfriend if he could tell which bun was the boy and which was the girl, and he thought Thumper was a GIRL! Blasphemy!

Thanks Pikachus mom...Thumps has BIG beautiful eyes...I love them too.:biggrin2:

Florida was GREAT! It was sooo nice to see my mom, bro and step dad. Not to mention, the 80 degree weather was a bonus!

:shock:Ooooo...Shiloh! Iwon't tell Thumps, I think he suffers from a Napolean complex...I don't want to add to that! :laugh:

Today we had yet another car ride and they spent about 2 1/2 hrs together. Only 2 real scuffles (which were ended rather quickly). It happens when Peaches asks to be groomed...Thumper is just too much. It does get better each day though.

Here are some more pics...

Giving mama a massage...

Thumper.jpg

Yup..I'm cute, I know it:

Thumper2.jpg

Aren't I BEAUTIMUS!!

Peaches-1.jpg

Darn...she can see me, can't she!

Peaches3.jpg

We get along...sometimes:

ThumpsandPeaches3.jpg

Sometimes, we'll even cuddle:

ThumpsandPeaches.jpg

Sooo, all in all, things are going well. Hopefully these two will be bonded sooner rather than later. :wink

Shiloh, pictures are definitely not always needed...I miss hearing about Rory!

*Jackie

So, how are my favorite bunnies that aren't Rory doing today? Is Peachy more relaxed? Are they in loooooove? :biggrin2:

Hey guys...wow, it's been a while!

Well, a short update...

Took Peaches to the vet and she is doing wonderfully...right under 5lbs., great teeth...overall, as perfect as she can be.:biggrin2:

Thumper and Peaches got into a NASTY fight a little over a week ago. :shock:peaches pulled out a GOOD chunk of his hair which left Thumps reeling mad and in quite some pain. In fact, he was grinding his teeth sooo hard I was in tears trying to console him. :tears2:

Don't know what happened, they were together for about 5 hrs roaming (in my view) around the house and just chilling. When I turned around for a split second to grab the hay (I was refilling litter boxes) they both got into Thumper's cage and all heck broke lose (note to self, NEVER leave cage doors open). Needless to say, I put Peaches in her cage and checked Thumper over and consoled him for a bit.

I gave it a few days for things to die down before letting them out at the same time again, except, Thumper did NOT forget:pullhair:He went after Peaches with a vengance! So, back to the cage it was.:sigh:

So, we were back to letting them out one at a time. My boys let Peaches out while they were getting ready for bed. When Justin walked back into the living room, he was sooo surprised to see that Peaches had jumped into Thumps pen area!:scared:They were not fighting...in fact, they were just laying next to each other. Justin decided that he was not taking any chances and went to get Peaches when she pulled a Ninja move and jumped from the NIC wall onto Thumpers cage, then on the couch and back to the floor! :shock2:She's talented! :bunnydance:

On Sunday,I decided that it was time to bring them out and they did wonderfully. NO SCUFFLES (though I was right next to them petting and singing to them...which by the way, seems to have a calming affect on them:clapping:) they ate together and groomed eachother and played chase...with Thumper spraying Peaches if she got too close to his hind area!:foreheadsmack:You'd think she'd know by now.

So, we are not bonded yet and we have had a few hurdles to jump but we are still working on it.

I'll have more pics soon!

As promised, here are today's bonding pics...I am happy to say that there were NO scuffles today too! She went near his bootay and he didn't spray and he went near her bootay and she didn't nip!

:bunnydance::happyrabbit::bunnydance::happyrabbit::bunnydance::happyrabbit::bunnydance::happyrabbit::bunnydance::happyrabbit:

I put Thumps back in his pen, since he already had his run time and Peaches went next to him and they both flopped!:yes:I am praying and crossing all of my fingers and toes that we will soon have bonded bunnies!

They started like this:

ThumperandPeaches001-1.jpg

ThumperLuv.jpg

ThumperandPeaches007.jpg

Then...they decided they couldn't be that far from eachother :bunnyheart

ThumperandPeaches003-1.jpg

ThumperandPeaches002-1.jpg

ThumperandPeaches004-1.jpg

:bunny18:weee::bunny18:weee::bunny18:weee::bunny18:weee::bunny18:weee:

Such cute bunners! I'm glad that they haven't been scuffling the past couple days, and Peaches sounds like quite the athlete :biggrin2:

Thx Shiloh.

She really is an athlete and it is starting to rub off on Thumper!:shock:A couple of days ago,I was standing in front of his pen to give him some nose rubs (it was late and I was going to bed) and he got into position for me to pick him up. He gets close to the floorwhen he wants me to pick him up). When he saw that I wasn't going to get him, he stood on his hind feet and put his front feet on the NIC wall...then he climbed up 3 steps before he fell down! I'm sure he'll be able to get out of there in no time!

And yesterday, when I got home from school, he was on one side and Peaches was on the other side of his pen. He was pushing and she was pulling...they were trying to break him out of there! :laugh:They are just sooo precious!

Update time...well, we are still not fully bonded. :(They can't seem to figure out if they like eachother or not! I reckon they do. They are just sooo much alike. It is getting better. They aren't trying to kill eachother (which really only happened 2 or 3 times).

They spend at least 1 hr out together with it ranging to about 6-7 hrs. Next week I am off from work and school so we will be having a bonding marathon! :run:I will definitely say that Thumper is the more difficult of the two...Boy is he a cheeky little thing!:foreheadsmack: She is just sooo precious with a little bit attitude...

Here are some recent pics!

Sharing some dindin

ThumperandPeaches021.jpg

Ummm..you move...No YOU!!! Ok, whatever!! STAY!

ThumperandPeaches022.jpg

Come here my Peachy...let me GGGRooommm you!

ThumperandPeaches023.jpg

I eat...you chill!

ThumperandPeaches024.jpg

You happy??? I am!!!

ThumperandPeaches.jpg

And here...they got into the kitchen which is a construction zone. They were checking things out when I broke up the party!

ThumperandPeaches025.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!

Oh, I missed this update yesterday! Precious bunnies! The picture of them in the litter box made me giggle like crazy. Love the look on Thumps' face! They're such sweeties. I'm very glad they haven't tried to do each other in recently. How long have you had Peachy now? A bit over a month? That amount of time to bond them doesn't seem unreasonable, I'm sure it'll happen eventually! Thumper's personality seems to be a bit more volatile than a lot of other buns, so the trick here is to get Peaches to fall SO much in love with him that his nothing he does bothers her. Not that I'm saying anything bad about Thumper, I adore him and if I could pick any bun on the forum to clone (since I wouldn't want to take him away from you), it would be Thumps!

Are the buns looking forward for Christmas? I take it you read my thread about Rory eating a leaf (thank goodness he's okay!), and now I get to spend Christmas with my boy! He already got a wooden ball (one of those ones made up of tiny little dowels and a nut in the center) and he's getting a 5 pack of willow ornaments from Busy Bunny, plus a feast of bunnular proportions. You would not believe what his personality is like these days, he's a new bun! Absolutely no more shy Rory. I knew there was a reason I gave him a first, middle and last name, and have said "RHIORDAN BLACKBERRY BEAN, stop ________ _______ right now!!" (digging carpet, chewing handmade birch bark basket, trying to eat rat and hamster food, attempting to bust through bunny proofing to cords, leaping off the stairs onto my chest as I lie on the couch, invading the bedroom, running around on the coffee table, etc) several times lately. I'm not really upset and don't yell, of course, he's just being a bun and is still very sweet. But I swear this boy gets into more things than Cinnabun did. And I couldn't be happier about it! :biggrin2:

I had my Chinese final yesterday (did reasonably well, I forgot what some characters meant and there were a couple that I swear I'd never seen before) and Rory got to spend the entire time I was studying out of his cage, so about 16 hours straight. How did your finals go?

Anyway, I love reading about your bunnies and can't wait until they're bonded for sure!

I have just now found this blog....I rarely have time to check blogs (but I want to start). My Tio just turned three on the 21st of December and I swear he could almost be a twin to your Thumper...here are some pictures from when he was younger:

I also had his twin brother Kyo - but I rehomed him (at my daughter's request since he was hers). She had gone away to college and wanted him to go to a home where he could be a beloved pet and have more playtime than he got here.

I will try to keep an eye on this blog!

Peg

Wow Peg, your Tio looks just like Thumps!!! I love him sooo much but he is such a handful! :biggrin2:

Shiloh, I am still waiting patiently :pfor these two to bond! Well, this morning they didn't like eachother too much for some reason...so back to their cages they went.

I guess they are figuring that they better start getting along if they want out of the cage cuz they are being real good right now (hope I don't jinx it). In fact, they are both chillin in the litter box with Thumps grooming Peaches. They both groom each other A LOT lately.

I'll have new pics soon.

:dancingorig::woohoo:dancingorig::woohoo:dancingorig::woohoo:dancingorig::woohoo:dancingorig::woohoo

I have bonded bunnies! Thumper and Peaches have been living together for the last 3 days 2 nights! I have built them a new cage and they are loving it. :party0002:(I'm not finished yet)

I'm hoping that with time Thumper will stop mounting Peaches. :headsmack..thankfully, she is sooo very patient with him.:bunnyheart

Here are some pics of my two cuties!

ThumperandPeaches034.jpg

ThumperandPeaches044.jpg

ThumperandPeaches038.jpg

ThumperandPeaches045.jpg

ThumperandPeaches036.jpg

ThumperandPeaches037.jpg

ThumperandPeaches028.jpg

ThumperandPeaches035.jpg

I'll post more pics of the finished cage tomorrow!

:bunny18:bunnyheart:bunny18:bunnyheart:bunny18:bunnyheart:bunny18:bunnyheart:bunny18:bunnyheart:bunny18:bunnyheart

YAY! Congrats to you and your bunners! What a huge achievement. And they sure are an adorable couple! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to see them snuggled together and knowing they're bonded. You did a great job! And that new cage is awesome, the one I planned to make suddenly seems inadequate.

They look so happy together! I'm glad you got them through it.

I wish I could bond Clover and Bo..... I might have to start trying again.

Thx guys! :D

It is a relief to have them bonded...Today is the first day that they are spending time by themselves in the house (for more than 1hr) since I am back at work and the boys in school. I'll be biting my nails down to the cuticles till the boys get home and tell me what is going on. :?

They should be ok. Last night was also the first night I didn't sleep on the floor in front of the cage. They seemed to be doing very well this morning when I fed them their pellets.:biggrin2:

Shiloh, I'm sure you will make a great cage for your buns. I had originally wanted to make it 3 stories high and 4 across but I have some stuff on the wall that I don't want to remove so I just made it 2x5 panels. thing is...they are able to do Bunny 500's in their cage! It is sooo cute!

Bo B...wouldn't it be great if they can bond??? I'd say give it a try!

thx for stopping by everybun...my bunnies and I LOVE visitors. :wave:

*jackie

Thx MsBinky!

It's been a while since I last updated. Well, Thumps and Peaches are doing great. A few times here and there I've seen them nip at each other but it stops quickly and they start grooming each other.

It is sooo nice to have them bonded yet they are still both individually bonded to me! :biggrin2:peaches has really come out of her shell. I love when she comes up to me and just starte licking...licking...and licking...LOL...she is cute. Thumps has always been a licker too, he can just also be a nipper!

Oh so the other day, I was getting Peaches from under my desk and guess what I found??? She bit the computer speaker wires to pieces!!! :shock:Yup, My fault...I know. I have now put a plank of wood under the desk is she is not at all to happy. Oh wells! :p

Here are some new pics...and I'll throw in a couple of our cuting Max for good measure. ;)

ThumperandPeaches059.jpg

ThumperandPeaches058.jpg

ThumperandPeaches057.jpg

ThumperandPeaches056.jpg

ThumperandPeaches050.jpg

ThumperandPeaches053.jpg

ThumperandPeaches052.jpg

ThumperandPeaches049.jpg

ThumperandPeaches051.jpg

Max004.jpg

Max005.jpg

Max006.jpg

Max007.jpg

As you can see, Max is quite the acrobat! She has settled in nicely too. She is not skittish anymore and she is not a biter. :D

Hope you enjoyed the pics!

*jackie

Latest posts

Back