Thump!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
:shock:Spice got mad at me this morning. He thumped a few times because he was jealous! :shock:

I saw Mocha sitting at the front staring out into the yard, so I wentout to give him pets before I had to go to school. Well, he was all forit and was just loving the attention. Then I see Spice's nose againstthe cage divider wire and I hear him start thumping. So I opened hisdoor and pet him too and he was happy, until I put the hand thatsmalled like Mocha in his cage, he started chinning me like a nut casewhile thumping at me again. After he got his scent all over me, I gavehim a kiss on the nose and closed his door. Then I gave Mocha a kissand a good bye pet and Spice starts thumping at me again!

Spice isn't one to be like this, but I guess things change. I've got ajealous baby bunny. Just glad he doesn't spray (knock on wood). ;)

It's so funny how they let us know when they'reirritated. My rabbits thump when they want something they can't have,or are unhappy with us over something. Especially Abby, half the timewhen we say "Cage time", she'll thump all over the place letting usknow she's not happy about it.

Its so cute how Spice thinks that he owns you.
Chernish thumped only once when my husband was going to clean the bottom of his cage and he pulled the bottom out.
My husband did not know what it meant so he was surprised, LOL.

When I got Abby and she was thumping EVERYWHERE,I was very concerned, as I had had Chompers for almost a year and hehadn't thumped once. This book I have called Training Your PetRabbit said that thumping was a bad sign, that your rabbit feelsshe's in danger and is using that as a sign to other rabbits thatdanger is near. That you're too close and have startled your rabbit.Now, I'm sure that's true in the wild, but with my buns, it's clearly a"I know you want me to do something, but I don't want to." Or "What doyou mean no treats?" Or "Screw cage time! I think I'll hide under thetable where your surely can't see me."

LOL, they are so cute.
Chernish was making a door out of a window in his digging box, Ithought he just likes to rip cardboard. But it turns out he was rippingit to make it big enough so he can fit in it. Go figure.
i think its for his own protection, since he can jump inside the box from every side now, when he feels threaten.

Spice definitely seems to think he owns me today.Now when I go outside, Spice gets jealous and starts thumping, and thenMocha starts thumping as soon as I stop scratching behind his ears andpaying more attention to Spice. :XI just can't win!

Stitch stomps at me when I am anywhere nearLilo's cage (guinea pig) and when I hold Lilo I have to change my shirtbefore I hold Stitch or Stitch digs at my shirt where Lilo's scent isand it hurts :(

She has me so well trained. And when Stitch is unhappy withme she goes to the corner of her cage and backs her hiney up to thecorner and if I bend over her cage she turns her back toward me puttingher nose in the corner snubbing me off like here have some rabbit BUTT!

Marie

*laughs* at what Mocha and Spice are doing to their Mum.

That's so funny!

Cali thumps at around 3:00 a.m. I'll hear her in her cage, thumpingabout 15-20 times. She even has a rhythm going. No sense telling her tostop it, she continues on.

-Carolyn

Sebastian rarelythumps, but this week with this treatment thing, oh my, I got lots ofthumps! He'd lay in my lap pretty well and take the syringe feedingwithout much of a fight but when I put him down afterward he'd thumpall the way back to his condo! :shock:The first time I putNutri-cal on his paws so that he'd have to lick it off...he was soticked off!!! BIG, BIG, THUMP on the loudest part of his cage bottom,then dirty looks all afternoon!

Raspberry

AnnaS wrote:
Carolyn: why would she thump if you are not there?

Hi AnnaS,

I wish I knew why she does it. I don't have a clue. And it's not as if I'm far away...I'm in the next room.

It happens every night, and I'm a heavy sleeper, but when a Flemish Thumps, if you don't hear it, you feel it. :shock:

It's always around 3-4 in the morning. Maybe she sees angels, or mydeceased animals come back to visit. Don't have a clue - as you cantell. *giggles*

It's very odd because she'll thump about 15-20 times, and then she'sdone. She knows that it's not time to get up and there's nothing sheneeds. Maybe she's just mad because we're all sleeping and she can'tget back to sleep.

-Carolyn

Carolyn, Cali just wants her mom to getup and play!!:) Don't you know how much fun that can be at3:00am???LOL My Trouble will thump very early inthe morning. I think he does it to say, "ok mom itis time to get up and put some foods in here"!!!! Rightnow!!!! Beckie

Latest posts

Back