Throwing the litter out..UGH!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MozBunny

Reaction score
My rabbit is 8 months old now, and we actually just found out he was as she :confused2: hehe. Anyways, she has just started to throw the litter out of her litterbox now, but she does use the litterbox, especially for peeing. What is making her throw out the litter? Is there a way to stop this? Because she lives with my boyfriend, and he has to clean it up almost everyday now. She is getting spayed soon, but I doubt that is going to do anything for the litter problem.

I would recommend getting a grate to cover the box so she can't dig. You can find them online, or make your own with hardware cloth.

I agree with Laura on a grate. My buns would throw out carefresh. I use yesterdays's news and horse pellet bedding, but if I put anything els in there, they throw/push it all out.

honestly, if you put a grate on the litterbox so she can't push it/dig it out, she'll just find something else (i.e. the carpet) to dig at (and cause damage to). I suggest you put the litter in an encl;osed cat litterbox so she can continue to pee in there and dig, and your boyfriend won;t have a mess to sweep up

i have 3 buns that kick their litter out ..ive since used the grate in their boxes and its fixed the prob...they havent been distructive with other things...i do have a couple of carpet chewers but they arent my litter excavators:)

Back