Through the Eyes of a Camera

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRabbits

Reaction score
Thanks MikeScone for starting the hobby of seeing through the eye of a Camera. I've enjoyed taking pictures for a long time. Not as professionally as my Better Half. He has to show and explain to people detailed information through his pics, and has been using a camera as his tool for a long time. Sharp and clear.

So this fine morning, I got out my camera and tried to figure out what I was doing wrong the last time. All my pics were blurry. My Better Half showed me that for this camera to work properly, all three settings on different parts of this camera, needed to be on Automatic or Manual. Well, there you have it. Got to know your equipment.

After finally REALLY listening to him, I threw out my desire to get a "point and shoot" and really concentrated. We had a ball taking the pics. We had a very willing subject, and here's what we picked as the best.

AND THIS WILL BE VERY PICTURE HEAVY! lol

The First Four are my Better Half's, the rest are mine. Hope you enjoy. Would love to here what you think!

No #1

BUNNYS2446.jpg

No #2

BUNNYS2450.jpg

No #3

BUNNYS2454.jpg

No #4

BUNNYS2461.jpg

And here goes nothing!

No #5

BUNNYS2441.jpg

No #6

BUNNYS2439.jpg

No #7

BUNNYS2435.jpg

No #8

BUNNYS2432.jpg

No #9

BUNNYS2423.jpg

And this is my husband's favorite.....

BUNNYS2394.jpg

Told you it was picture heavy. lol But we had a blast doing it. Again, would love to hear what you think. Bunnies and Photography are really meshing well. I'm enjoying the hobby. And absolutely love the subject!

K:)

Great pictures Karen of a Beautiful Bunny.

I have a really good camera, I'm real useless using it though. I took some really cute pictures of the Dutchess (Daisy Mae) last evening being weighed in a bowl. They are good but the colour is different. I have no idea what setting it's on either. I am so NOT a Tecky.

Looking forward to many more pictures of ALL your babies.

Susan:)

SOOOSKA wrote:
Great pictures Karen of a Beautiful Bunny.

I have a really good camera, I'm real useless using it though. I took some really cute pictures of the Dutchess (Daisy Mae) last evening being weighed in a bowl. They are good but the colour is different. I have no idea what setting it's on either. I am so NOT a Tecky.

Looking forward to many more pictures of ALL your babies.

Susan:)
I have problem with lighting too. Same here, the pic is good, but it's too dark. I have a problem of over exposing (too much light) or under exposing (too little). Thank goodness for digital. I snapped 206 pics today. Then I go over them, and delete the ones that are Bleh.

I'm no tecky either. I'm just learning how to use the camera properly. Lots of dials and button I haven't even touched yet. I'm keeping the camera at automatic just to learn it. I have a habit of rushing the camera (it's not ready so it doesn't focus) so I'm slowing down my shot. Though I don't always get what I want, some of the shots I do get are interesting. Play with the camera. Would love to see some of your pics. I learned how to focus at regular shots and close ups on automatic. I now can see when the camera is focusing and have slowed down my snap, or click or taking the pic act. Sorry, don't know the terminology. lol

Anyway, as you requested, here are some pics of my OTHER babies that I thought were pretty good. The one with Kreacher, I'm so-so with.

Dobby, I like this one because I got a really good close up and it's not blurry. I love how clear his eyes are on this one.

BUNNYS2495.jpg

Kreacher, See how dark it is, plus the camera caught the pigment of his eye.

BUNNYS2304.jpg

Kreacher, I missed the focus. See how the clover jumps out next to Kreacher and Kreacher's face is a bit blurry.

BUNNYS2325.jpg

Luna, I like this pic. Real clear and I like that I caught her looking over to the garden. She does that a lot. I'll have to watch her. lol

BUNNYS2362.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. Let me know what you think. If I can take pics like this, so can you.

I love them! If you had mixed yours and your Better Half's up I wouldn't have been table to tell who took which! Photogenic bunny is photogenic :D

Eye shots are my favorite; I love when their eye comes out non-blurry and the color is vivid. Awesome!

Seeing pictures of your cute bunnies motivated me to go play with my cute fuzz ball ,Peanut.

Love, love, LOVE your pics! The bunnies are actually how I got into photography as well, they do so many adorable things that I just wanted to get shots of it all :)

ZRabbits wrote:
Thanks MikeScone for starting the hobby of seeing through the eye of a Camera.
You're welcome, and you've got some good pictures there. I like the closeups of Neville and Dobby - it helps to move in close, or at least crop close in post-processing. You do need to keep the eyes sharp - as long as they are sharp, soft focus in the rest of the picture is tolerable, even desirable.

Sooska, if you're having a problem with color, how about posting some pictures to the Camera Corner, and we'll see what we can do.

MikeScone wrote:
ZRabbits wrote:
Thanks MikeScone for starting the hobby of seeing through the eye of a Camera.
You're welcome, and you've got some good pictures there. I like the closeups of Neville and Dobby - it helps to move in close, or at least crop close in post-processing. You do need to keep the eyes sharp - as long as they are sharp, soft focus in the rest of the picture is tolerable, even desirable.

Sooska, if you're having a problem with color, how about posting some pictures to the Camera Corner, and we'll see what we can do.
Thanks so much for your compliments on my pics. Your photography is absolutely stunning. Absolutely love your bird pics. You bring out such detail and color. I am very proud of my Dobby close up. Hope you don't mind if I post some pics in Camera Corner. Would really appreciate your feedback.

Not trying to be professional, but it really feels good when I get a good shot.

Thanks Mike for the invite! If I have any questions, will definitely look you up in Camera Corner.

I'm having a blast taking pictures again. Thought I would use this thread to use post pics that I take that I really like. You can see other pics in my blog but these are the ones that I really like and think capture my Tribe in action and emotion.

I try very hard! But got lots to learn! But it's fun trying to get the perfect pic!

"Dobinski"
BUNNYS2492-1.jpg

"Luna"
BUNNYS2148.jpg

"Kreacher"
BUNNYS2050.jpg

"Bunny Bear"
BUNNYS2028.jpg

"Jake, the Bunny Watcher, Protector, Body Guard and Hitman for the Z-Tribe"
BUNNYS2243.jpg

I've posted lots of Neville but will be getting out and taking more of all the Z-Tribe this weekend!

I hope you enjoy the pics! Feel free to comment and post your favorite pics of your fluffy critters here! Would love to see them!

Latest posts

Back