Thriantas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with your beautiful fiery bunnies! I love Thriantas everytime i see them. What helped me when choosing breeding stock was looking up sweepstakes. With smaller breeds like ours people who are in sweepstakes can sometimes but not always be misleading. After a couple of bum purchases it took me awhile to learn what i was looking for. Goodluck never the less!

basically its points that breeders earn at ARBA sanctioned shows. At the end of the show circuit(arba convention is the last show) sweepstakes are available for each breed. The show points are all added and the top pointed breeders are recognized in the sweepstakes.

When i said it can be helpful or hurtful i meant that it makes it easier to find and learn about the top competitors for your breed. BUT just because they win in sweeps doesn't mean their animals are at the top of their game. in addition, the people who actually take time to go to shows and who are very knowledgeable of their breed will be reputable.

It helped me alot when finding my tans. From sweepstakes you can usually find the persons rabbitry based on the breeders name and get in touch with them to find bunnies.

If i got any information wrong anyone feel free to say something.

EDIT: We looked at our states sweepstakes. And how people placed at the national convention and the specific breed nationals.

Latest posts

Back