Thrianta info wanted

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buns2luv

Reaction score
Interested to hear from anyone who has a Thrianta. I am not too familiar with this breed, but know of one needing a home! Thanks in advance for info :D

Thriantas are so cool. Wanted a couple until I found out they were used to make Red Dutch. You should find out if they have a Nationals or go on rarebreed yahoo group

Good Luck!!!!

My Thrianta is moody. Or just don't like me. But he is a really funny bunny in the cage to watch. We are going to get a female soon. So we can breed him and then give him to someone else. They have thicker ears to they have to be kept cooler. If you show them suggestion to keep them at 85 degrees. So on a summer day he don't die at a show.

Thank you!
The bun I was looking at getting is an almost 4 yr old breeder bun. She has retired her and wants to find a loving pet home for her. I don't know though...this breeder and I don't see eye to eye on feeding her or housing her. She says no veggies for buns, only pellets and hay and when I told her 2 of our buns are bonded she told me that bunnies can't bond and to separate them or they'd fight to death. She also doesn't believe buns should live indoors, that it'll kill them eventually, etc... These differences wouldn't stop me from adopting her, but we were ultimately looking to try and adopt a bond mate for Gus and the breeder said no way this bunny should be with another...hmmm!

buns2luv wrote:
Thank you!
The bun I was looking at getting is an almost 4 yr old breeder bun. She has retired her and wants to find a loving pet home for her. I don't know though...this breeder and I don't see eye to eye on feeding her or housing her. She says no veggies for buns, only pellets and hay and when I told her 2 of our buns are bonded she told me that bunnies can't bond and to separate them or they'd fight to death. She also doesn't believe buns should live indoors, that it'll kill them eventually, etc... These differences wouldn't stop me from adopting her, but we were ultimately looking to try and adopt a bond mate for Gus and the breeder said no way this bunny should be with another...hmmm!
hmmm sounds like shes a bit misinformed. could you direct her to the forum or to the house rabbit society website?

buns2luv wrote:
Funny she actually states that the house rabbit society is wrong.
:confused2:

although there are points of contention with the HRS (as with any organised body really), but i think it's safe to say that on the whole, a majority of their facts and advice are pretty spot on, despite some arguments re: their philosophy by some rabbit owners

Back