Thought I would share this idea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I thought I would share this with ya'll...

The other night, I realized something that would help me streamline the process of changing seven litterboxes (yes, I have five buns, but two of them have two boxes, so seven total).

I've decided to pre-measure their litter into paper bags in my spare time, and then just label each bag which litterbox they're for, and empty the contents into the box once it's been dumped and cleaned and is ready for refilling!

It worked like a CHARM...and totally streamlined our whole litter-changing routine!

So, here's some pictures of our current setup...

100_0638.jpg

And things labeled:

100_0638-B.jpg

And a closer picture of the bags:

100_0639.jpg

Hope that helps all you fellow bunny slaves that have so many to care for! :D

Love to all!

Rosie*

Ooh, that sounds like a good idea! :) I can't really use it, since I have one, outdoor rabbit that doesn't use a litterbox, but it sounds like it could save a lot of time for others. That is very organised. All my rabbit stuff is just thrown around everywhere. The only things that I have organised are my vet records, and they are safetly hidden in my room so I can't get to them. :p

Rachel.

Awesome!

A quick qestion about your food labels - you have something marked old food - what is going on there?

Great Idea!

Leaf- I think Rosie is transitioning some of her rabbits from the previous brand of rabbit food (the old one) to her current brand of rabbit food (the new one).

Leaf wrote:
A quick qestion about your food labels - you have something marked old food - what is going on there?

Rosie is in the process of switching all her guys over from their old food to Oxbow - looks like one bag is their current food, and the other is the new Oxbow.

You know what I do Rosie - when I swap food, I get a ziplock baggie, and I fill it up with old food. Then, I feed the buns as usual, and Itop up the bagit with new food and mix it together. Then the next day, i feed them again, and Itop it up again with new food and mix.... day by day the bun is getting more and more of the new food, without me having to think too hard about it (and keep seperate bags).

I love your ideas though, I am going to try the pre-measuring.... that will save time...

Yeah...that's actually almost exactly how I'm doing it! Hehe!

I was just about done switching SweetPea from Kaytee Forti-Diet (which is what she came with) to Kaytee Timothy Complete (so from an alfalfa food to a Timothy), when we decided to switch the girls to the Oxbow Bunny Basics T. So, I'm now VERY slowly switching her to the Oxbow (I'm doing it VERY gradually, though, much more gradually than I'm doing it for my other three girls, due to the fact that this will be a second change...but it'll be fine). I had her food swapping mixed in ziplock bags, and was on the last one, so I'm mixing the Oxbow a teeny bit at a time now.

As far as Fiver, he's switching (also much more slowly than my other three girls) from Kaytee Forti-Diet to Oxbow 15/23 (both alfalfa), and I'll see what the vet recommends I do. He has malnourishment issues from being a rescue, and has weight to gain (I think)...but again, we'll see what the vet says today about it all.

As far as the other three girls, they're switching from Kaytee Timothy Complete to Oxbow Bunny Basics T, and I have the mixture slowly changing in their regular food container (the one with the blue lid from other pics. :D

You can see the ziplock I'm working with in the food that's labeled as Fiver's Old Food. :D

HoneyPot wrote:
Leaf wrote:

Rosie is in the process of switching all her guys over from their old food to Oxbow - looks like one bag is their current food, and the other is the new Oxbow.

You know what I do Rosie - when I swap food, I get a ziplock baggie, and I fill it up with old food. Then, I feed the buns as usual, and Itop up the bagit with new food and mix it together. Then the next day, i feed them again, and Itop it up again with new food and mix.... day by day the bun is getting more and more of the new food, without me having to think too hard about it (and keep seperate bags).

I love your ideas though, I am going to try the pre-measuring.... that will save time...

Hehe!! When I first met my husband, and he saw how kinda over-organized I tend to be (lists and lists of lists, and things all symetrical, etc.), he used to laugh and tell me to relax. But he soon realized that it's HOW I relax, and once on a trip he started stressing that we forgot this or that...and I would just pull it out of the bag for us to use, and he quickly realized how wonderful those lists and my over-preparedness can be! Hehe!!

Needless to say, he doesn't worry about it anymore...he knows that it's all-around a wonderful thing...it's saved us from many an upset with Em...remembering this or that toy, and she'd start fussing that she forgot her BooBear, and Mama whips him right outta her purse, because she KNEW Em would be sad...hehe!

It truly does relax me...:)

rabb1tmad wrote:
OMG Rosie, first a list for the vets and now this. You are soooooo organised, what a sweetie andwhat a star :)

If you are relaxed by organizing........ want to take a vacation to my house? :biggrin2:

Hey, everyone, I think someone is in the transition from old food to new food - any clues as to who? :humour:

Hehe...all too true...we found that we could purchase the Oxbow food at-cost through the feed place we get their other food from, so we figured that, since it wound up being almost the same dang price, why not switch to a better food??

So, thus the transition!

As far as a vacation...hmm...I'll get back to ya on that one! :biggrin2:

maherwoman wrote:
Hehe...all too true...we found that we could purchase the Oxbow food at-cost through the feed place we get their other food from, so we figured that, since it wound up being almost the same dang price, why not switch to a better food??

So, thus the transition!

Shouldn't you be at the vet's?!

:p

Stinker! Not yet...it's only 4pm here! LOL! :biggrin2:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
maherwoman wrote:

So, thus the transition!

Shouldn't you be at the vet's?!

:p

Latest posts

Back