Thought I was safe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeniseJP

Reaction score
I have been so careful at school with the hand sanitizer and stuff... Christmas Eve I came down with some miserable ailment that makes me cough, want to sleepand still crossing my fingers that I don't throw up :grumpy:... chills but no fever, and I am not hungry. I guess the pounds I put on sneaking cookies will come off but not how I expected....

It was all I could do to drag my sorry carcass out to the barn to feed everyone... stalls will get done today...it is warm and rainy here... warm being 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Next week we will be back into the 20s. The wind is howling right now on my hill - gusts to 40-50 mph.

Denise

After three days on the sofa I am up and around - cleaned the barn today and tried to stay out in the sunshine as long as I could. Matzo ball soup to the rescue and the cure... don't know how this stuff works but darn... it does!!!!

Many thanks!

Denise

It was the feeling of being hit by a freight train that did me in... hope you are feeling better, too, Pam -

Denise

Aww, I feel your pain, I've got it too! I've been ill all winter, I'm not sure if it's been one thing after another or if I've just not got better. Time to stop being stubborn and go to the doctor for me!

Hopefully we will all be immune to whatever nasty little thing it is!

And I work at a school - I think by the time I retire I will have a helluva immune system!

Denise

Denise have you noticed that so many kids now are NOT taught by mom and dad to cover their noses/mouths when they sneeze/cough? I drive a school bus and I swear I get coughed or sneezed on at least once a route :( I've even had kids who seem to purposefully do that to the kids in the seat with them.

awwww hope you feel better soon. I've had a mild cold over the last 2 weeks or so.

nermal71 wrote:
Denise have you noticed that so many kids now are NOT taught by mom and dad to cover their noses/mouths when they sneeze/cough? I drive a school bus and I swear I get coughed or sneezed on at least once a route :( I've even had kids who seem to purposefully do that to the kids in the seat with them.

Oh, I agree! I had a kid come into the office, wiping his nose on his sleeve and snurgling that his mom wasn't answering her cell... I steered him back to the nurse's office to wait for the call... there was nothing I could do other than wipe the door handles and douse myself in hand sanitizer... caught some errant bug that slipped through my attempts at self defense - I have had faculty come by my space coughing and sneezing...:X

My nieces (11 and 10) were very careful about using their elbow to sneeze or cough into and washing their hands... I was impressed.

Denise

I have one little girl who is in first grade that rides my bus who thinks its funny to cough on the two little girls she sits with. Then again I'm not totally surprised as her 5th grade brother still thinks its funny to pick his nose and wipe it on the other kids...and the real kicker.....their mom works for the school.

Latest posts

Back