Thought I was paranoid but..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beccajean220

Reaction score
Ok I thought I was being a little paranoid about Binky's sneezes. He seemed only to sneeze when he's head first into his feed cup. But this morning I went to give him his papaya tablet and I noticed that under his left eye is wet. It doesn't look swollen or red but the fur is definately wet. I took him out of the cage and laid him on his back so that I could inspect his eye. The fur under his eye was wet but it has dried stiff. Not sure what to do he has an appointment with the vet on Tuesday any advice?

I am hoping that he didnt poke his eye on anything in his new NIC cage. He likes to hide under the ramps in an area which were difficult for me to hide the sharp edges of the zip ties completely.

How old is he?

Is there visible nasal discharge? What color is it? Clear, white, green?

Is there bedding/ litter in the cage? What kind? There's a possiblity there could be allergies going on and they could be the culprit.

hmm my bunny who had what appeared to be allergies seemed to get alot worse discharge when he had any bedding/litter in there. The Yesterday's news seemed to bother it and he got a worse runny nose with that. I took it all out for a while (he had a wire corner to potty in) and as he got older, all the runny nose things went away and I recently have added back in litter (I use carefresh).

If it's only one eye, it's probably not allergies. I wonder if it would help to put his food into a broader but shallower dish so he can get air better while eating.

Ok I changed his feed dish and I'm monitoring his food intake. He ate his lettuce tonight but hasn't really touched his pellets. Geez this is worse than having a newborn baby to look after lol. I'm a nervous wreck about something being wrong with him.

I agree with Wendy-my big bunnies still struggle every once in a while with lettuce, and for little ones, it can be fatal. I'd personally hold off!

Latest posts

Back