Those people who find wild baby bunnys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kati's Holland Lops

Reaction score
I swear to god I see more and more posts saying "I found a nest of baby bunnies without the mother near them, how do I feed them?!?!" I just want to slap people when they pick them up and take them inside, WHY DONT U LOOK UP WHAT TO DO WHEN U SEE A NEST OF WILD BABY BUNNYS?!?!?!?!

Im totaly with you. Its just, you could have gone a nicer way of saying this. I can understand all the anger. Why dont you just answer the question and tell them to NEVER EVER touch the babies. Again, i can understand the frustration and anger though:D

Usually when people see an "abandoned" nest of baby bunnies, their first instinct is to care for them, not get on google and look up what to do. You can't really blame them for trying to help, all we can hope to do is raise awareness and education!

Just a PSA in case the above wasn't clear: Mummy bunnies are only with the nest 2 times a day to nurse the babies. The rest of the time she's off feeding herself. If it's rabbit-hunting season and the babies look VERY skinny and emaciated, bring the nest to a wildlife rehabilitation centre. In all other cases, LEAVE THE BABIES. Mummy will come back. And if you are reading this thread because you took home a nest and are now googling how to take care of them - put them back right away! It's ok if you touched them, their Mum will not know the difference. Just hurry up and put them back before Mum thinks her nest is gone forever and never comes back to feed them.

Latest posts

Back