those of you with largers bunnies...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canela_2004

Reaction score
What litter box works for your guys? Iam on our thrid litter box for Kahlua. The first one was asmall cat box which was way too small so I upgraded to a large catlitter box which is working fine, she has plenty of room but she canstill kinda hang her butt over the edge and pee goeseverywhere. So today I finally got sick of changing smellynewspapers (i had then underneath the box to catch the spills) andbought this litter box from Petsmart:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441808078&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302047564&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023690&bmUID=1158196643535&itemNo=9&Nao=0&In=Cat&N=2047564&Ne=2

(it doesnt have the little mat or the scoop though). Anyone else use it?

How big is Kahlua? Sam was 13lbs at her vetvisit in January and she fits in hers really well. I can't remember ifits the large or x-large.

I also have the prob of pee spilling over theedge of litter pan last time. Got so frustrated that i search high nlow for a better litter pan n had been using it for a year withoutbedding being kicked out or pee spilling. I'm not sure if u can get itat ur country but u can use it as an idea. As the pet shops at mycountry sell big litter tray for cats at quite expensive price, i mix nmatch one instead. The tray is a plastic toyogo container tat is usedfor storing toys one and the orange n green thing is a plastic dividertat i got from a shop.My bunny is not very big sized but like to backup high to pee.This is how it looks like.

000_0003.jpg

Building supply stores sell black rectangular"tubs" that can be used for mixing small amounts of cement.They are the perfect size for those big bunny butts!

Pam

Tootsie's big bunny butt (10 lb, NZ) fits nicely into a high backed corner pan....and rarely has a misser.

On the other hand, S'more (5 lb, Dutch) manages to pee riiiiight over the lower end.

:?

Daisy uses the Marshal High-Back Litter Box.Never a spill, she's 6 lbs. It has a plastic screw arrangement on theback that allows it to be affixed to the side of the cage.

theferretstore_1913_14393503
7out of 8 of my buns use the oneabove (including Tootsie, 10lb NZ). I use the large size...they make a smaller one too.

Binkie has an "I gotta empty this thing" mentality about litter pans. Ihad to modifiy a small kitty panusing plastic grid

attachment.php

Pebbles would stickher butt over the edge and peealso. So I gotthese cardboard boxes withhigher sides and place herlitter box inside it. Every sooften I would replacethe cardboard box with a new one.

21579.jpg

21580.jpg

For Cocoa, our friendsbunny, I used astacking bin as herlitter box. I bought itat London Drugs for $1.99

Rainbows! :)

that is a really good idea with the stackers! if i had thought of that i could saved $10 LOL.

Latest posts

Back