This will provide your rabbit with HOURS of entertainment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wow

Reaction score
When I adopted Annabelle her previous owner gave me some of these chew toy blocks (I've seen them at Petco before). I had never given them to her but yesterday I gave her a block with a craisin in the center hole and she went crazy! She kept pushing it all over the kitchen floor trying to get at it and get the craisin out, and it was really cute to watch. Plus, it kept her away from the lower molding in the kitchen (which she's all of a sudden started chewing up). At the end of the day she still couldnt get it out so i put another craisin in but had it stick out enough so she could get it and reward herself. She could still smell the first craisin in the block though and was playing with it in her cage a good portion of the night.

Just thought I'd throw this idea out there in case anyone else wanted to try it. Though make sure if your bun can't get the craisin out that you do take it out after a while so it doesnt get icky!

blocks.jpg

I got blocks like these, but from the dollar store. Great idea :)....I will have to try the craisin thing....my buns LOVE craisins!

Toys + Craisins = Bunny Heaven!

I'll have to try that. Thanks for sharing!

Matt:cool:

Wow, that's such a good idea. I have those blocks for my rabbits but never thought about sticking a Craisin or some other small treat inside of the blocks. Thanks so much for pointing that helpful hint.

Erin

Hi guys. Isn't there yogurt covered crasins too?Are the yogurt ones okay too? I have never tried crasins...must get some. Heres hoping they like them enough to put them in toys...keep them away from my chair legs!! lol

I give my bunnies their treats inside little dog treat balls - they're the perfect size for the girls to pick up and throw around! Lupin likes to carry it around until the spot to throw it is just right. They all spent hours chasing the ball around in the hopes of getting a treat out, even if there isn't one in there!

could u maybe post a pic of the "little dog treat balls"? I'd really like to see what u r talking about, sounds like something my bun would enjoy;)

I would just stick with the plain jane craisins :p.

petkeeper wrote:
Hi guys. Isn't there yogurt covered crasins too?

Bunnies playing with treat balls! Excuse the blurriness - I'm taking pics with my mobile phone, and it doesn't click fast enough!

Lupin loves the ball the most -
18062007059.jpg

18062007058.jpg

18062007051.jpg

18062007053.jpg

Juniper wants in on the action -
18062007057.jpg

18062007052.jpg

18062007050.jpg

17062007048.jpg

The only bun who doesn't play with the ball so much is Thistle - she'll nudge it occasionally, but she doesn't play with it in the way that Lupin and Juniper do. Lupin likes to pick it up and run around with it! They learnt how to use them pretty quickly, too... I sat with them and rolled it a little so that a treat fell out, and as soon as they saw that they picked it up!

I used the same idea, but with an empty oatmeal container. Nelson likes rolling them around anyway, and he certianly likes treats (but not craisins, actually), so I cut a small hole in the side of an oatmeal container and occasionally put small treats in there so when he rolls it, they fall out.

Are those just the children's wooden stacking blocks with holes in them? I can get fifty of those for like $3 here. Heck, my kids have about a hundred of them that they don't play with much anymore.

Thanks for the idea. I'll have to try those! I think mine are the only bunns on Earth that don't like Craisins, though. Instead I give them Sun Seed dried papaya treats. They have no added sugar or preservatives and the bunnies loooooove them. :)

Back