This is weird!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almi

Reaction score
I wish I could give you guys a pic, but my dad has my camera with him and he's trucking. *growl*

So I'll have to tell you as best as I can.

Emmy's eye has been watering like crazy. It's not "gooing" orpussing, it's just....water. That's it. I've beenlooking at her eye, comparing it with the other....I can't see anythingthat's in her eye, and there's little to no swelling. It'snot sticking shut or getting crusty either. It looks fine andhealthy, despite all of that water running down her cheek!Oh, just in today. I've noticed a little bit of gooey white(a pure milky white)matter in her eye. It actuallyseems to be the toilet paper I've been drying her cheek with.So could that be??

Also, a bald spot has developed right by the corner of hereye. Oddly, it's not inflamed, and the skin lookshealthy. (It is, however, abit swollen.)So I'm thinking it's probably not mites or anything of likes.It's about the size of half of a dime - because it's right on thecorner. I think the bald spot is from her itching it so muchright there, and the itching is from all themoisture/irritation. Would this be a correct assumption? (Shedoesn't seem to be itching itanymore either.)

I have no money right now, and won't get paid until the 1st, so the vetis out of the question. I have, however, put some Terramycinin her eye in hopes that it will help.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :clap:

I would see if you can flush the eye out withsome saline or something...there could be something in it that youcan't see. If you can't afford a vet trip, a call to themmight be worthwhile at least to see if they have any other advice tooffer.

Yep, I've flushed it. ;)

I think I will give the vets a call, despite they'll likely just tell me to bring her in. :?

I have a Lop doinghte same thing , it may be anallergy im not very sure , Ikeep flushing with saline andit clears up and comes back . He hasa vet appointment in themorning But Dr Dthinks it could be anallergy to something in the air .

Almi wrote:
Yep, I've flushed it. ;)

I think I will give the vets a call, despite they'll likely just tell me to bring her in. :?

Would your vet see you on the "Honor System?" Perhaps you cantake Emmy in and maybe you can pay them as soon as you getpaid. Some vet clinics will allow that. Won't hurtto ask, right? Please keep us posted. Give Emmyhugs! :D

gypsy wrote:
I have a Lop doinghte same thing , it may be anallergy im not very sure , Ikeep flushing with saline andit clears up and comes back . He hasa vet appointment in themorning But Dr Dthinks it could be anallergy to something in the air .
Ok. I'll keep flushing it, and maybe I'll change bedding orsomething. *shrug* It could be that I have had the airconditioner on, and it could be crap that's been sitting in there thatwas irritating it her eye. I cleaned it out today anyway, sohopefully that helps.

I'll call the vet tomorrow and keep going with the flushes and Terramycin. :)

Any more replies would be great! Thanks for allyour help to members that have posted! :D

I would take him to the vet. we had a problemwith our buns eye that didnt fit the text book but we took him in andhe had an infection that needed to be treated with eye drops 3 times aday it was £15 consultaion and a couple of quid for the drops came to£23 in total which is a small price to pay for a bit of peace of mind.

I agreewith Black Jack vetting isalways the best for pieceof mind . Mines going this morning ,its a quirky thing and itsannoying because it bothers him ,poor little dude , Iwould rather pay a small feenow than a larger one later ,

black_jack wrote:
I would take him to the vet. we had a problem with our bunseye that didnt fit the text book but we took him in and he had aninfection that needed to be treated with eye drops 3 times a day it was£15 consultaion and a couple of quid for the drops came to £23 in totalwhich is a small price to pay for a bit of peace of mind.
OBVIOUSLY, that's the best thing to do. But as of now I haveno money to pay for vet bills, and don't get paid until the first ofnext month.

It would cost $40 for an "exotic pet" visit, and then an average of$10-20 for meds. I don't have transportation,anyhow. (My parents won't let me drive that far alone, evenif I did have my license. [Which explains my lack of driver'slicense!]) And it could justbe an allergy anyways,since her "babies" aren't getting it at all, and justbeforeit started she had been outside.

I will keep going with the flushing and antibiotics (whichmyvet would most likely prescribe for an eye infectionanyway, so it pretty much defeats the purpose of paying for an officevisit). Terramycin treats a very wide number of eye problems,so I'm hopeful it will help. ;)

thats whatmy vet put MooseMonon also , just keep awatch on it , hopefully after 3 days ofthe terrimycin it will clear ,Moose's did.

Well, I'm sorry I've neglected this thread a bit; I haven't been on in almost a week! But anyway.....

I've been doing flushes and using the Terramycin for a weeknow. Three more days should do it, and it's looking muchbetter! The fur is starting to grow back, and it hasn't beenwatering hardly as much! :D

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I just wanted to share the good news! :p

Latest posts

Back