this is getting annoying...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovepets

Reaction score
Snickers is usually in her hutch, but i like to take her into my room/rest of the house during the day. she is litter box trained and i have a cardboard box for her to hide in and some toys to toss around. i also took some drawers out of my bureau and put towels and old shirts in there for her to rearrange.

she used to jump onto my bed and try to smooth out the comforter (my bed is made so she doesn't do much). and some times she will dig and smooth it. recently she has become obsessed with chewing it, and has chewed many holes in it. i sewed it up and then today she made some more holes. after that she will fall behind my bed and try to go under my bed that is not paneled off (the part of my bed that is not exposed to a wall is fenced off with c&c panels). if i am on my bed and i block her from chewing with an arm or leg, or if i am just laying there, she will bite and try to dig at my clothes. I'm not sure what else to do… she has her own digging area, both in my room and in her room in the basement. i can't really block off the top of my bed either… any suggestions?

Maybe she is bored. Can you try some newspaper spread out on the bed that she can chew on? We find that when ours does stuff like that, they are either trying to hide under something or they are bored. Maybe she wants your attention? Can you use cardboard to block her from the bed? Otherwise, you might consider a making a play pen kind of area where she can't get to the bed.

perhaps she wants to be on the bed with you. I know our rabbit pepsi just paces in his cage when we come home. I have let him out and closed the door to my son's room so he can roam around while the others play in the living room. (He has to be kept seperate from the others because the males fight.) Then he paws at the door. He wants to be around US! The other rabbits don't mind if we are in the room or not.

As far as the digging and getting into places were they don't belong, when you figure that out, let me know! LOL!

She isn't trying to be with me because she ignores me and tries to get over me to dig and go under my bed. I think she would really enjoy newspaper on the bed, but she wouldn't be able to tell between the two. I have tried closing her off with some c&c panels, but she just blows right through them. Recently I have just been letting her run free in her own room. She also has toys and a digging area in both rooms, so I think tearing up my bed is just more fun

Latest posts

Back