This has to stop...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissa

Reaction score
I clean up this mess every day!! Any suggestions?

3678.jpg

LOL Talk about a Little Pooper!( sorry couldnt resist ) lol

First thing I would try is decreasing thesize of her cage untill she ismore litter trained ,Like all babies Potty training , theytend to forget when not close enough tothe bathroom . Dont you just love thoseplaypens though , I use the larger one forthe bigger rabbits , it has aheavier gauge wire . I dont thinkI could live with out those Pens .

gypsy wrote:
LOL Talk about a Little Pooper!( sorrycouldnt resist ) lol
:disgust:Every day, gypsy...every day!

We've tried shrinking the size of the cage but it didn'twork. Do you think we need to remove Pristine from the roomin order for this to stop? She didn't start doing this untilPristine came along.

Hi Lissa, why don't you try to put some hay nearthe litter box. All of our Bunnies love to eat hay when theyare in the litter box. Just a suggestion.

Good Luck

Soooska

Thanks Soooska. I don't think that will work, but I will try it. ;)

Oh, Lissa. I thought mine werebad. I'm sure it's territorial. Is there any wayyou could move Pristine to another room in the house?

Look on the bright side - at least you don't have to worry about stasis with this one!

:)

Laura

I am in thesame situation with my bunnies. They are pretty good withpeeing in the pans, but the pooping is another story. I amsweeping up poop all day long! The only difference between meand you is that I have 8 rabbits doing the samething!!!:X:X

Lissa wrote:
gypsy wrote:
LOLTalk about a Little Pooper!( sorry couldntresist ) lol
:disgust:Every day, gypsy...every day!

We've tried shrinking the size of the cage but it didn'twork. Do you think we need to remove Pristine from the roomin order for this to stop? She didn't start doing this untilPristine came along.
LOL yep , Laughter is the bandaid thatheals frustration . !

I would try moving Pristine fornow and slowly work her back into thesame room , It could very well be Territorial ,Maybe with her out of the roomtemporarily things will improve , but Iwouldnt allow her to get away with badlitter habits over it . What I would do ismove Pristines cage to behindthe door/ wall and slowly weekby week introduce her back into the room . It maybe a PITA but may be worth theeffort .

:shock:

3678.jpg

I'm....sorry..... I just can't helpit! Hang on, let me compose myself-

OH... Oh... I'm trying!

Lissa, whatever are you going to do whenyour "people" babies comealong?

Raspberry

Laura wrote:
Oh,Lissa. I thought mine were bad. I'm sure it'sterritorial. Is there any way you could move Pristine toanother room in the house?
Jason and I have been talking about maybe moving Iszyupstairs. That way she could have free run all daylong. Thedownsides -- we probablywouldn't see her as much because we don't spend much time upstairs --and she may get lonely not seeing Pristine. :? Whatdo you think about that idea? Free run 24/7 for both buns?

Zoecat, you poor thing!! I can't imagine. :disgust:

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
I'm....sorry..... I just can't helpit! Hang on, let me compose myself-

OH... Oh... I'm trying!

Lissa, whatever are you going to do whenyour "people" babies comealong?

Raspberry
Very funny, Raspberry...very funny.:disgust: Believe me, it's not as funny as itlooks. Cute turns ugly fast.:scared:Isn't Iszy a naughtygirl? Where didI go wrong? :foreheadsmack:

Okay, I'll beserious for a minute.Try this; put her hay besideher litter box. Sebastian used to never, ever poop anywhere buthis litter box. As soon as we moved his hay rack across the cage fromhis litter box, he started pooping wherever he darn well pleased.:XHe just sits and eats hay andpoops!

It's like he just chews and poos! :shock:

Raspberry

Someone else mentioned that too, so I'll try thehay thing. She used to be so good at using the litterboxuntil Pristine.

Hopefully Jason will have this cleaned up before I come home for lunch. :pray:

I've got my cage set up so that all the food,water and hay is right by the litter box. I put a fewhandfulls of hay in the boxes each day, and empty/clean them everyother day. I hung the feed dish above the litter box, as wellas the water bottle. It's worked great, and I haven't hadthat many poo's out side of the litter box.

HarleyEating.jpg

cageCloseUp.jpg

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Okay, I'll beserious for a minute.Try this; put her hay besideher litter box. Sebastian used to never, ever poop anywhere buthis litter box. As soon as we moved his hay rack across the cage fromhis litter box, he started pooping wherever he darn well pleased.:XHe just sits and eats hay andpoops!

It's like he just chews and poos! :shock:

Raspberry
I second that idea. Willow only gets her pellets froma heavy dish in her litter box, it works A+. It's hard totell from your pic, can your bun get in and out of the litter box withease?

Johncdn wrote:
I second that idea. Willow only gets her pellets froma heavy dish in her litter box, it works A+. It's hard totell from your pic, can your bun get in and out of the litter box withease?
She sits in her litterbox all the time so I assume she has no trouble.

You are not the only one with that problem. WhenI let MeatHead/Micheal out of his cage he has to leave a huge pile ofhis coco puffs in front of our bedroom door so when we leave the roomthen come back in we end up stepping in it. He knows it and thinks it isfunny. The only thing I can think of that worked for me is moving thelitter pan to another more bathroom spot.

:foreheadsmack:

That Iszy has such an attitude. She'll just do whatever she wants, whenever she wants.

She sure is making her point clear about how she feels about Pristinebeing in the house. She wants to make sure EVERY one/bunknows that there's a price to pay when you make a decision and don'tinclude her.

:no:

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back