This happen to anyone else?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runestonez

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I got a call from the bank today...
Someone copied MY debit card sometime in the last month...:grumpy:
Then just for funny haha's they deposited $700 to our account and withdrew it the next day...then the $700 deposit was reversed!:X

I am so darned CAREFUL about my pin and swiping...come on!:(

I got to spend the better part of the day going to and from the bank filling out paperwork, and signing declarations...etc...so in the end we get the money back...but not for a day or two! Thank goodness we had already bought all our rabbit greens for the week! Cause there's no money in there now!

Cretins!:grumpy: They steal my money and waste my time!

Danielle

That's horrible! Did you have to apply for a new debit card?

It has never happened to me but I've heard plenty of horror stories. It's made me so paranoid that I only use my debit card when I'm at the bank. Everything else is paid with cash or credit.

Yes...:(
When the bank called today they phoned to tell me that I had used my debit card somewhere that was being investigated for this scam. So I told them to just cancel it and I would get a new one. I am usually with hubby anyway so we could just use his till mine is active again. It will take 24 hours or so for the card to work for point of sale again...so not too bad...until I checked our bank account.

I am so irritated...I had surgery in August...so I haven't gone ANYWHERE in months! Other than groceries I am pretty much housebound...we only went odd places at Christmas (5places)and when I went to Mississauga again(2 places)to check on the bunns I was concerned about.:grumpy: So the chances are it was somewhere we go all the time...and they aren't allowed to tell you where it was either! It doesn't seem right that someone can do this and you aren't allowed to know who it was and when it happened!

We used mostly cash for Christmas this year for this reason! We had this happen once before at a different bank(but they didn't access our account, still had to replace both our cards though)...and they cancelled our cards and didn't tell us...so we went grocery shopping and there was no money...at least this time this bank called to tell us they were cancelling it! I watch like a freakin hawk and I especially watch when THEY swipe and I can't do it myself!

I don't know if I am mad, irritated, embarrassed, confused...I know it will be funny as all heck get out in a month or two...but I am just...:grumpy::X:pullhair::tantrum::faint::cry1::headsmack
SOMEONE TOUCHED MY STUFF!:grumpy:MONEY STUFF EVEN...

Yep. I now have had my card information stolen twice. the one that blew my mind was they bought an airline ticket in Spain..say what?

Yup...I'm in Ontario and the deposit and withdrawls were made in Montreal an 8 hour drive away! Nice little network they've got going...at least with yours you'd know where to meet them!;)

I hope there is such a thing as Karma!:)

When my sister and I move, she thought when she changed for address on her bank card it would do the same for her credit card, well it didn't. Her card was up for renewal and we didn't do a change of address as we thought we had everything changed over. Well turns out the new people got her new card activated called the company changed my sisters BIRTHDAY and PASSWORD.
Now can you tell me how does ones birthday change?? They also were able to change the phone #. But the number listed wasn't active. Lucky for us they were only spent about $30 before my sister finds out her card declines and calls them and well they can't help her since her secret questions don't match.
They suspended the card, but my sister wasn't able to get it canceled as they wanted proof of address only.
Don't most people need a SIN # to get a CC?? I know I did.
Well now my sister has no CC.

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Well turns out the new people got her new card activated called the company changed my sisters BIRTHDAY and PASSWORD.
Now can you tell me how does ones birthday change??
:faint:

about a year ago, someone intalled a reader at the Costco gas station and got away with thousands of card number pins. Last month someone put an ATM machine in a casion for a week--it didn't give out any money, just took information. Usually, for almost everything, we use cash if a machine is in an area that can be accessed by other than authorized personnel. Only use it inside at grocery stores, Walmart and Petsmart--every other place gets checks and always pay for gas with cash--they are the easiest as they are OUTSIDE which makes them an easy target. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back