This ain't no dwarf

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmfh

Reaction score
Well, today was grooming day. I took Cleo into get her nails trimmed and get her butt shaved. I was told when I got her that she was a dwarf lionmane lol. At the groomers I weighed her .... 6.4lbs. She's getting to be quite the big girl. In November she will be a year and a half old so i'm thinking she won't get much bigger. Although, a 10 lb lionmane might be really cool lol.

These are not great pics because she was hating on me all day for taking her to the groomers.
1319595935.jpg

1319595936.jpg

Where did you get her from? Most pet stores and backyard breeders will slap the words "dwarf" or "mini" on to whatever mixed bunnies they have in order to make people more likelt to buy them.

Perhaps she's a mix between a Lionhead and a hotot? Doesn't look like she had a whole lot of mane, but I don't have a lot of experience with Lionheads.

She looks like a mix, has hotot in her maybe, and lionhead, she has a single mane lionhead though. She has other breeds in her though I just cannot tell which ones.

Sweetie is a single mane lionhead mix female. She is the black one in my avatar.

It's unlikely she'll get bigger. Unless she's got a giant breed in her, she would have reached maturity around 6 months old. Though I suppose if she got obese, she could weigh more. ;)

My guess is she's lionhead/dwarf hotot crossed with something else.

JMVHO

Rue

The pound just said dwarf lionmane. Lol yep I got her because she was a "dwarf". I'm thinking maybe hotot, lionmane, and english spot. The english spot giving her the bigger size. She has always had a sparse mane although it came in thickest this year. She never had hair on her flanks but she has two cute butt tufts that make it look like she has 3 tails.

1319674925.jpg

1319674808.jpg

Back