Thinking Bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seeing as how we all know how intelligent(& cunning) rabbits are, I thought I'd tell you about myThinking Bun, Perry. My family/friends don't believe me, butthey are not bun educated.

I first noticed it when Perry was out in the garden. We have pebblesaround by the grass and Perry picked them up one at a time in his mouthand made a neat pile on the grass. then, he put them all backagain, binkied and raced at top speed around the garden. Healso does it with videos. Takes them out of the rack, one by one, andstacks them up (he can manage a pile of four). Then, he races aroundthe room, stomping as he goes.

I think he can also tell the time. He and Pernodalways get a treat when my husband and I have dinner. When Iput the food on the table, he sits under the 'treat shelf'waiting. If I forget he nudges my leg to remind me.I reckon he must have a high bunny IQ (don't know where he gets it from:).

PerryStand

Perry, the thinker!

Oh, look at that sweetie pie! :)

What a great and interestingpost. I, too, believe that buns are highly bright andintelligent creatures. Their behavior isfascinating. I could watch them for hours.

What kind of rabbit is Perry? He looksa lot like my Dini, (but her ears are a little bigger), and I can'tfigure out what kind she is...I just figured she was a mix.She is a rescue, not from a breeder or anything (we are unaware of herstart in life). We just got her and don't have any picturesyet that I can post, but I was curious anyway. Thanks :)

-Carrie

I also got my buns from a rescue, but they toldme Perry was a Silver breed. I have tried to find out about the breedto see if he is, but not much luck - plenty about silver fox and silvermartin, but he is neither. Whatever he is, I love him to pieces (andPernod too, of course). :D.

I have been reading your posts about Dini. She soundswonderful. Hope she is doing OK, and look forward to seeingsome photos

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Ialso got my buns from a rescue, but they told me Perry was a Silverbreed. I have tried to find out about the breed to see if he is, butnot much luck - plenty about silver fox and silver martin, but he isneither. Whatever he is, I love him to pieces (and Pernod too, ofcourse). :D.

I have been reading your posts about Dini. She soundswonderful. Hope she is doing OK, and look forward to seeingsome photos

Jan

His color is actually a beautiful gold tipped steel, a common color inMini Lops and Dutchin the US (different gene than thesilvering gene). I've also seen it a lot in theSatins. Im not familiar with whatbreedscome insteel in the UK, so it's hard for meto make a guess on the breed. Steel Dutch are common, soPerry could very well be a solid Dutch or Dutch mix.

Pam

Thinking isabsolutely what that bun is doing!!! He is sopretty! And it sounds like he is really smart!Anyone know why they gather/collect things that way? I findit really interesting. thanks for sharing!

Hi Luvabun,

I completely agree with you that bunnies aren't dumb.

If one takes the time to observe and train them,you certainly learn quickly how smart they can be.

People that come to visit me are constantly in awe of how much Tuckerunderstands me; they especially like it when his spiteful ways come out.

:)

-Carolyn

Awww Carolyn. I can't believe that Tucker has spiteful ways lol.

I believe in Scandanavia they have rabbit showjumpingcompetitions. I saw on TV where the rabbits are on leads andjump over fences on a mini course. I can see my two doingthat - NOT!

Jan

Latest posts

Back