Thinking about lionheads

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allison

Reaction score
We have 2 Double Mane Lionhead girls they arevery cute! They are fairly hyper in comparison to ourlops. Our lops are more easy going and laid back.:DI've heard that the smaller the bunn the more active/hyper they canbe. Otherwise they have great personalities. Inotice they don't tend to be as overtly affectionate as our lops do!

We groom ours every Sunday afternoon. But I've found thatours don't tend to get matted. They are very easy to lookafter.:D They need a bit of extra care during theirmoults...but nothing excessive! They love to jump and run thebunny 500! I find them to be very independant sort of likecats...they will see you when they want to! Ours had alousy start in life so I'm not sure if the independance is a result ofthat or if they just are!:DWewouldn'ttrade our girls for anything!:love:

They sound wonderful. I like a rabbit that hasit's own to do list. :DDusty is very cuddly and needs a lotof one on one attention so maybe it would be nice to have a moreindependant bun.

Being a lionhead means their hairy not that theyhave any particular personality :) I've known of cute cuddly ones thatsleep the day away, agressive ones that will have your hand off andhyper ones that are into anything. If it's a particular personality youwant then you need to meet individual rabbits. If you pick by breedexpecting a particular personality you're likely to end up disappointed!

Tam

I have a lionhead. She's quite rowdy, fiesty andhyper! She used to be very cage territorial and aggressive, but with alarger pen and more attention she'scalmed down a bit.

I only have to worry about her bum area (A misplaced double mane that'slike a fringe where her tail is) It gets quite matted up, but it'sstarting to fall out. She only has little scraggly bits of mane aroundher head and a thick beard-like long fur on her neck and chest area.

All depends on the rabbit. One minute Pebbles is snuggled all againstyou wanting to be stroked, then she wants to crawl all over you andplay with your hair, then she wants to charge at you and grunt :D. Hugepersonalities! She's gotten more active as she's gotten older, and hasgotten into more trouble to boot!

i think lionheads are gorgeous!! ialways wanted one, but i already have four bunnies and cant take inanother one. lissa has two i believe.maybe she'll chime with some advice.

Back