Thinking about building a "digging box"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fraggles loves to dig. She is digging at my bed comforter right now actually. I always leave a sheet or a blanket out for her to dig on. But I was thinking that maybe I could make her a "digging box". Get a plastic container and put something in it that she could dig threw and make holes. I guess dirt would work, maybe potting soil. It would have to go in her room as its hard wood and easy cleanup. Anyone want to add to my idea? Or is your bunny a digger and if so did you give them anything to dig in?

this cat litter box

litterbox-2.jpg

the flap removed, and filled with Eco-bedding http://www.fibercorellc.com/eco-bedding.cfm

Jenny LOVES it, everytime she feels like digging she runs to her box wherever it is at the time, leaps in and started digging in it, I have had various beddings in it, but the eco-bedding is far and away her faverite for digging in, sometimes she take her toys in the box with her and buries them lol

I have the same thing for Maybelle but ours is lower so she can kick the bedding out. Lol. You can put litter, hay, shredded paper and sheets of paper for her to shred herself, cardboard pieces, etc. :)

I didn't, she went in on her own. You could alwaystry witha strongly-scented treat (slice of banana, strawberry, etc)in there though. :)

Jenny figered her's out right away, but she is a very curious girl and tries everything.

and yup, no mess at all with this set up, she did make a mess with the other substrates I tried, but the crinkly eco-bedding sticks together, so as she digs it out of the box, it clings to the stuff still in the box and doesnt actually fall out.

Latest posts

Back