Think you trust your vet?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading something like this, it makes me so sad. ANGRY too! I do understand some people do not feel the same way that I do about animals, but there's a line that should not be crossed. This vet not only has crossed that line for me, but he's OUT OF FREAKIN BOUNDS. Nothing he can say will justified his actions and I hope he gets his license revoked. Gah, some jail time would be nice too. A huge fine also! HUGE HUGE

After reading this though, my little ones got a round of loving smooches. Sorry, just so livid after reading that article. It makes me insane how some people treat animals

Yeah, it's pretty horrific, saw the article this morning. Absolutely disgusting what some people will do, even to his own pet!! Can't believe the atrocity and lies.

For six months, too. That poor dog. :(

I wonder if he even had a congenital spine defect, or if it was just a side effect of the vet's awful treatment. I'm glad he's returned home to his family, and I hope he recovers soon. :pray:

Greed is the real issue here. The vet was only concerned with his bottom line and not the actual health of the animals. He could have just as easily asked for blood donations from the pet owners instead of telling lies. I did not realize that there was a need for blood, but it would only make sense since they also go through surgeries. I know I donate blood, but I'm AB- and I know its rare. It's a miracle the dog was able to go back to its owners after going through something like that.

Beyond unethical. He should be locked up and the key thrown away. License revoked and never given back will probably be his only punishment though.

There are suspicions that he has some kind of hoarding mental disorder that made him want to keep the animals alive no matter what....very sick behaviour but he could have been sick himself too.

That's the only explanation that helps me sleep at night. I can't imagine a sane person keeping animals alive and suffering just for free blood transfusions....

Back