Things to do with rabbit fur,,,

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo

Reaction score
If your buns are like mine and shed a fair bit, then why not recycle lol

After spending a few hours in the sun with mybuns yesterday Igot covered with white fur so I brushed it all off, and noticedasa little bitblew away that a sparrow landed andscooped it up and brought it to his nest :)

So I put the rest of thebrushingsnearby and a fewmore sparrows landed to get the softest bedding for their babies nests!

Just a thought :Dit was super cute to see them flying off with fur in their beaks :p

hmm, that is a really cute idea. Iwonder what I could do with my fur, I always just dump it, but maybeleaving a little box of it outside for birds would work out... hmm..

Thats a really good idea.

Phinn is shedding SO much right now, and im sure the birds could usesome nice warm rabbit fur for their nests as it is snowing here(rreeaalllyyy lightly, almost rain) and its APRIL!!!

ahhh the misery of global warming.

Silvie&Phinn

Shawn wrote:
Great Idea, butjust make sure that you don't leavetoo much rabbit fur about , as the scent may lead predators to yourrabbits.

Don't worry it was on the front lawn when I was brushing it off, I wassitting out with my dog taking a break from gardening, the rabbits areout back and beyond predator reach :)

It was so cute, I wish I had gotten a few pics.. thebirdsalso appreciate any surplus hay you have lying around:bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back