Things for bunnies to nibble on?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaileyBoy

Reaction score
My bunny likes taking tissues and chewing them under my desk - but I don't think they're very suitable!:D

I was thinking of getting my bunny a block of wood or cardboard box to nibble on. What do your bunnies enjoy chewing and nibbling on?

Thank you from me and my bunny :bunnyheart

Willow sticks and balls, coconut fibre mats, sea grass mats, apple branches, wooden chew toys made for rabbits, plain cardboard boxes and cardboard tubes, old phone book(with vegetable ink print only), corn husk balls, sisal.

You have to make sure they're not eating any of these things excessively though. The wood and sea grass is ok for them to eat but you wouldn't want them eating a lot of paper or cardboard.

Cardboard, toilet roll tube toys and a clear favourite wicker balls. I bought a new one this week for him to play with and every time it's there for him to play with he just sits and eats it. He also loves the phone book but mostly enjoys ripping the pages rather than chewing them.

Also sisal mats and occasionally wood chews if I put a bit of carrot or banana on them to lick/chew off

Carpet and wood trim. LOL

All of the above are good suggestions. Pay attention to the wicker balls though as every one I have ever found contains a peanut inside which you would not want your bun to get a hold of. If you can find ones without then that's great.

You can also stuff empty toilet paper tubes with hay. Also when I have a little free time I will take some of the buns hay and braid it. Sometimes I will also take a braid and make a loop from it.

Mine get alfalfa and oat horse cubes (make sure they don't have added vitamins or minerals specific to horses) hickory wood (because we have tons of hickory trees here) apple wood (we have apple trees too) dried fruits (apples and blackberries) homemade timothy grass mats, chocolate mint leaves and stems (it's a plant that is mint and smells like chocolate, it does NOT contain any chocolate.)

Latest posts

Back