Thick white pee.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moro Ferret

Reaction score
My best friend's lionhead, Mufasa, has been having a "sludgy" whitish/cloudy pee. What could be the cause of this?

My rabbits usually have normal or pinkish pee, so I have never had this issue myself.

How thick is it?

Bladder sludge is like toothpaste. Just white-coloured pee is an excess of calcium.

Best to increase fluids either way. True sludge will need a vet.

sas :clover:

I have not seen pinkish pee and that's a bit out of the ordinary. White, yellow, orange-red, etc are normal. If the pee is think like toothpaste, or grainy like it contains sand, that would be something to worry about. It if just contains some white solid stuff that's not very gritty and not a very large proportion of the urine, don't worry.

Moro Ferret wrote:
My best friend's lionhead, Mufasa, has been having a "sludgy" whitish/cloudy pee. What could be the cause of this?

My rabbits usually have normal or pinkish pee, so I have never had this issue myself.
sounds like bladder sludge/not good/check out house of rabbits society for-bladder sludge/and the cleaning there-of::/.the diet may be off/-need-more hay/water,,small portion of quality/lowfat pellets daily,,some greens/fruit tree branches/twigs for chewing/teeth and gitract...sincerely james waller:wave::rose:

Orange-red is more on the mark than pink.

But her rabbit's white "thick" urine is weird. I am not sure the level of "sludgy" that it is, but I will call her tomorrow for more details. I have not actually seen it, but she asked me about it recently.

Latest posts

Back