They said yes!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weetwoo_89

Reaction score
I am in the next month or two goingto be looking for a Holland Lop. I know I don't want to go to pet shops(Most have no idea what they are talking about if they sale bunnies). Icould go to the shelter, but I only know of one that take bunniesaround me. I will check there of course, but assuming I can't find whatI need (not nesicarily a Holland lop but it has to be smaller due to myindoor room.) I was wondering if anyone had one or knew of a breederclose to me where I might obtain one such smaller bunny? (I know itisn't a deciding factor, but I just love those loppy ears!!!)

Thanks for any info offered, RaE

Why didn't I think of that? *smacks head* Thanks. Anything else is still appreciated.

RaE

Edited: I just searched registered rabbitries by state and it said it had 0 results...Hmmm...

When I looked there was only onebreeder who bred holland lops and it is a 7 hour drive there andback...>.> I might be able to get there, but the chancesare slim. Real slim...:?

Try going to the Holland Lop Specialty club site and using "locate a breeder"

http://www.hlrsc.com/

Peg

So, time for an update:

I have been applying everywhere like a loon. I am going toTarget tomorrow. They are currently hiring , so maybe that will give mesome luck. I have also thrown my name to the whispering winds of theschool, that I was looking for a bunny. Here is what came back. Onegirl is trying to get rid of two dwarf dutch bunnies. She said one wasnice and one was evil. I don't know how much she actually knows aboutthem so I gave her a list of questions to answer and get back to me.They aren't the breed I am looking for but personality is far moreinportant to me (I would rather have a healthy happy 'mutt' then ahighstrung unhealthy breed that I was looking for). Then one girl withwhom I used to be very close told me her grandfather bred rabbits andhad about 60 at one time and that she would look to see what he had andget back to me then I could come inspect if I wanted. One other girlsaid one of her does had babies last week and that once they got oldershe would get me some pictures. I think she said they were Dutch andthat she was selling them but since she knew me that I could have oneif I wanted. I have been looking in the paper as well as online. I amnot ready yet (still no job) but I like to look and see my options.

Just thought I would give a quick update.
<3, RaE

So, I went to Target today.I was there for two hours for filling out an aplication and theinterview (I think I did fine on the appilcation but I think I screwedup on my interview...) They told me they don't offer jobs on theweekend but they would call me sometime this week. I wonder if thatmeans I got the job. I hope so. Wish me luck.
<3, Rae

I think that I screwed up because Istumbled alot with my words. I am really good with filling outapplications but when someone asks me questions I get nervous and don'tknow what to say. It was my first interview. Hopefully it went well.

Also, I sent an email to that listing on craigslist. Lasttime I tried to get on that site it didn't work, glad to see it is now.I wonder if she will get back to me. I think I may have seen herlisting in the newspaper. If it was the same one, I alreadyknow someone who was holding it.

I just got finished hurting my arm really badly. Iwas fooling around on my boyfriend's brother skateboard and it went outfrom under me. My arm feels like I may have broken it. If I wasn'tusing it to type I would think it was. Hopefully that gets better too.

Thanks for asking and help, RaE

So my arm is feeling a bit better. Igot the answers back from two of the three girls I was talking to aboutbunnies. One is trying to get rid of a Dutch, it is possibly 7-8 monthsold, possibly a bit young and 4-5lbs. She seems to have a fair amountof knowledge, but for what I gather has had major mess problems withhim. But he is also not neutered, which if I got him would be done, soI imagine that would help. It is not one of the breeds I wanted it, butI am still going to go see it. Personality is key, even though I lovelop ears. The second girl has little idea what her buns are going tobe/look like. Seems like an accidental litter. She said that the fatherwas wild but I saw a picture of the babies and they were all black andwhite or just black. I therefore assume that the father is domesticatedbecause: 1. The babies were born, and from my understanding wild andpet can't breed. 2. Is that I thought that "wild color" (I don'tremember how to spell it) was dominant (Don't quote me, I don'tremember where I read that or if it even applies...) Anywho, she ishand-raising the buns, and told me I could have as many as I wantedbecause she knew that I wouldn't feed them to snakes or anything mean.I am still waiting for one girl. I don't know how that will turn out.
I am still waiting on Target. I know it is only Monday, butI am impatient. Job is stopping me from getting a bunny. My boyfriendsaid he would loan me the money as soon as I got the job.(He would havebought and continued to pay for me, but my parents said no...) So thatis a brief update.

RaE

re. the wild bunny, it could have been a strayor feral rabbit. I have a friend who got some bunnies thatwere accidental kits from a stray rabbit. Our N. Americanwild rabbits are a different species than our domestic ones, so theycannot breed. In Europe, on the otherhand, they can.

That is what I thoughtabout the bunny breeding thing. But apparently those babies are goingto be pretty big. She said both parents were rather large. I get towatch their progress though, so you never know...
RaE

Weetwoo_89 wrote:
I have sent her a pm. But now I have to hurry. Have to leavefor school. (I know, I am on here way too much. What can I say, I amaddicted!)

RaE
That would be awesome! :bunnydance:

She says that she will be inNashville the first week of June. I may get this pretty boy. I am stillwaiting on a few other people. I want to make that everything is setbefore I make any promises.
RaE

Latest posts

Back