They eat their bed....lookinng for advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toffee and Valentina

Reaction score
Hi there. I bought a nice pet bed for the buns, specifically for the one who had her leg amputated. Thought a fake lambs wool dog bed would feel good on her bony little body. Finally both buns tried it and both love it..... And ripped off the top of the edges and pulled out some stuffing. So I covered it in a soft pillowcase.... And they peed on it as well as chewed the pillowcase. I'm looking for a recommendation of a type of pet bed that would be soft and comfy but chew proof. Thanks in advance. My name is Andrea.

Hi there. I bought a nice pet bed for the buns, specifically for the one who had her leg amputated. Thought a fake lambs wool dog bed would feel good on her bony little body. Finally both buns tried it and both love it..... And ripped off the top of the edges and pulled out some stuffing. So I covered it in a soft pillowcase.... And they peed on it as well as chewed the pillowcase. I'm looking for a recommendation of a type of pet bed that would be soft and comfy but chew proof. Thanks in advance. My name is Andrea.
Andrea in my knowledge no pet bed can go through Bunster's teeth 🤣. I feel you though. I alway want to give her something soft but it's in shreds by afternoon. The one thing Bunster only chews a little bit is her blanket. You could try getting a pet blanket and folding it up. Maybe they wouldn't chew it?

Theo has a towel. I fold it, fluffy it up, and make it comfy, but he likes to position it in the perfect position. He rarely chews it, but I once gave him a pet bed and it was destroyed. Make sure your bunnies didn't ingest any of the stuffing.

Back