There's a Cricket in my house!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slavetoabunny

Reaction score
Well, my pen didn't stay empty long after Virgil's adoption. Less than 24 hours later Cricket came to live with me. Cricket was transferred from the shelter because she has a weepy eye. The shelter was treating her with erythromycin, but we felt that there may be teeth issues and she needs better vet care than the shelter is able to provide. I checked her teeth and they aren't overgrown, but the top teeth are crooked. Cricket has an appointment on Thursday for a full check-up and spay. Please keep her in your thoughts.

Cricket is a very sweet, frightened bunny. I don't know what her past is, but she whimpers when you reach out to touch her. She is OK once she realizes you aren't going to hurt her and is actually very affectionate. I look forward tosocializing Cricket. She looks to be part dutch and part lop. Her coloring suggests dutch and the face shape (from the side) and lazy ears suggest lop. And her eyes are the prettiest shade of blue!

Without further adieu pictures!

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

This is her weepy eye (sorry, it's blurry):
IMG_1226.jpg

Oh wow! She is so beautiful....

Poor Cricket..... Sounds like she might have had a bad past :(

I'm glad she's safe and sound with you now, and I will be thinking of her on Thursday!

slavetoabunny wrote:
She looks to be part dutch and part lop.
Ohhhhhh, an ideal combination :).

How totally adorable! Poor girl sounds as if she has had a rough start. I'm sure with your TLC she will come around and make a perfect rabbit for some lucky family :).

Will be thinking of you on Thursday!

Jan

I thought it was a guinea pig at first :biggrin2:Cricket honestly almost resembles a guinea pig!

Best wishes for you and Cricket, from now on. You'll be thought of on Thursday, always a bit nervous and we feel relieved when everything goes smoothly.
A pretty girl who's lucky to have you reassuring her.

Frowning with regards to the whimpering, weepy eye.

You'll be excellent helping her to trust! :) hugs,

She sure is a cutie! Just think, if Virgil hadn't been adopted, she wouldn't have been able to come into rescue. I am anxious to gether somegood vet care on Thursday. I know she'll do well with you, Patti.:bunnynurse:

:faint::thud:

She is ADORABLE! Hehe, I love her blue eyes, and her colors! They just blend so good with eachother! Crickett fits her well.

It sounds like she had it pretty rough before she came to you. :(Poor girl. But I will be keeping her in my thought on Thursday. I bet she'll be loving the life you!!

-Karlee

:shock:What...a....gorgeous...girl!!!!!!!! :inlove:

I am demanding more pictures once she's feeling a bit better from her weepy-eye, ;) That's so awful about her past. I hope that while she's with you, she'll turn around into a very friendly bun. :)

She's so beautiful, though. I just looooooovvvveeee her colouring and her blue eyes! :inlove:

Emily

She's so beautiful, and very unusual looking! Poor girly with her weepy eye. I wonder if it hurts :( Hopefully she'll get better fast, and then be adopted!

Oh what a beautiful Dutch mix. I'm sure her personality will come thru with all your loving care. Hope all goes well on Thursday.

She is already doing so much better. About half the time she doesn't make any whimpering noises when I touch her. Cricket really enjoys her playtime - lots of 500's and binkies. I told Pat that I thought Cricket was going to be a really great bunny. He replied "She already is". Can we have a big "aww" for the man!

Cricket got her eye meds and a nail clip tonight. She laid absolutely still and was such a good girl.

Awww, she's lovely! I love blue eyed buns! If she's marked like that and got blue eyes I would say she isn't dutch at all though, but vienna marked.

Latest posts

Back