The world's most curious bunny- Trixie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyman666

RIP little Trixie
Reaction score
Trix acted like she was ready to hop on the bridge this past week. Being twelve, it is touch and go for a rabbit. I couldn't get a vet appointment until Monday and her vet is a considerable distance away. Dammit- she stopped her gut stasis HERSELF. She was craving sweet treats (carrots, raisins, kale, and grapes) the whole time she wasn't eating hay or pellets. She drank regularly, as well. This morning, she finally ate all of her oats, some pellets, and every single sweet treat possible.

Whilst it seemed that she was dancing around the rainbow bridge, she kissed me even more than normal. It was like she was trying to comfort me. I swear she is the most in tune animal whom I have ever lived with. She has been there for me so many times, starting from when we met after I had arrived back from England for my father-in-law's funeral. She just wanted to be my buddy right then and there. I will say that on many occasions, she saved ME. She has saved me from doing so many stupid things.

I swear that the whole time, she tried to calm me down. She would just be all chilled out, feet to the side, and just so happy to see me. She even wanted to visit my wife!

I am just saying that if anybody needs to know what a rabbit is capable of as a pet, talk to me personally. Trix could teach many of us a thing or two.

To my Trix:

G'd bless you, little buddy! I hope you don't get too tired from helping me, but you do deserve some rest, even if it means leaving me. I am just thankful you have saved me as many times as you have. You have been a gift that I am eternally grateful for. You have been so generous, Trix!

Latest posts

Back