The Winner Takes It All

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,

The results are in for a County Agricultural Fair in Virginia.

**APOLLO** won

*BEST OF BREED*

and

*BEST IN SHOW ~ Open Class*

The proud parents, dajeti2 and her family, were interviewed on the radio and for the newspaper about Apollo and his Win.

This was Apollo's First Show.

CONGRATULATIONS APOLLO!
:dude:

-Carolyn

Way to go Apollo!!!! I bet his family is so proud of him, and of course he is going to be so full of himself now. haha. :)

Cristy

Awesome!!! What an absolute thrill!!!

I'll be judging in Richmond next spring -- maybe I'll get a chance tosee the now famous Apollo and get an autograph (pawprint):cool:

Pam

AnnaS wrote:
What did he do?

He showed up to the County Fair was given the two best awards of the Rabbit Show.

Will share this post with dajeti2 and her family, who did say pictures would follow via snail mail.

Thanks folks; they'll be happy to read about your support.

-Carolyn

Best of Breed means he won the best out of all ofhis breed. For Best In Show, he won the entire show over allthe other Best Of Breed winners. It is quite an honor to winBest In Show.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Best of Breed means he won the best out of all of his breed.?For Best In Show, he won the entire show over all the other Best OfBreed winners.? It is quite an honor to win Best In Show.

Pam

Thanks for explaining it so well, Pamnock.

-Carolyn

dogs in dog shows arent allowed to bark =p btw,what happens if one of the rabbits has to use the bathroom? are theydisqualified?

but who has to clean it up? =\ do they havepeople who actually stand by all day with paper towels to clean it up?that'd be a fun job to have. "yea, i clean up after rabbits in a rabbitshow"

The judge normally just brushes it off the tableunto the floor or throws some shavings on "wet spots". Thereis usually a roll of paper towels sitting near by. I alsobring hand sanitizer and baby wipes with me for additional clean up.

It is a rather messyjob and one can certainly end up rathersmelly by the end of the day :( Judges wear labcoats to protect their clothing. I change into an apronmid-way through judging if I'm getting too dirty from urine, feces oreven blood from getting scratched or bitten.

When not on the show table, rabbits are confined to their carriers withtrays on the bottom. For very long shows where rabbits arekept in coops all week, exhibitors or the show committee cleans thecages.

Pam ~ "Bunny Judge" :)

I just went to the Maryland State Fair and I sawsome of the beautiful show rabbits. We couldn't go into the building,because they were judging, but many of the rabbit owners were outsideon lawn chairs with their rabbits. We were amazed at how the rabbitpeople could hold their rabbits in their laps. They advised us to holdour rabbits everyday to try to get them used to it. I'm not so surethat's going to work, but we're going to try.

I didn't get to see a Giant. Word around the fair was that there weresome inside, but we never saw one. I did have the good fortune to seean English Lop (whoa...big, big ears) a few dwarfs and an angora. Thereseemed to be loads of Holland lops, which made me happy. My boyfriendsaid, "maybe some of your rabbit friends are here." Now I know what youall look like, so I think I would've known.

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS to Apollo. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Latest posts

Back