The What's Your Philosophy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishlops

Reaction score
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-whats-your-philosophy-test

I got

Skeptic 30 optimism, 20 faith, and 85 logic!
The skeptic constantly lives in a state of denial - everything is false until proven otherwise. Skeptics refuse to follow religion, since it relies on theories that cannot be proven true or false. Likewise, they refuse to believe in most scientific research, since logic is viewed as an inadequate measure of truth (Just because A = B, and B = C, there's no proof that A = C). Although they can sometimes be depressing to talk to, skeptics are vital to scientific advancements, since they constantly look for problems with new theories.

This is totally not me lolRationalism is the most scientific of the philosophies. No matter how bizarre something may seem, rationalists will always discount the supernatural. To them, there is no such thing as a mystical, otherworldly explanation for anything, no exceptions. Everything, no matter how strange, can be proven through science sooner or later. If something is genuine, there is an explanation for it.

Famous rationalists include: Baruch Spinoza.

The opposite of Rationalism is Existentialism.

Realist
60 optimism, 48 faith, and 46 logic!

Realists are the only philosophers not actively seeking answers. They are content with accepting that the world around them exists, and don't bother themselves about how we came to be. They focus on where we're going, rather than how we got here. Realists also tend to be interested in "universals" - concepts that can describe large groups, rather than single objects. For example, there are more interested in the human race as a whole, rather than specific types of people. This philosophy is also sometimes called Idealism.

Famous realists include: Plato.

The opposite of Realism is Foundationalism.

ok, I really am a big optimist. But somehow it really turns out well all the time :biggrin:
So I believe in optimism... maybe that´s whats meant with "faith" here... I surely don´t believe in any god whatsoever..

Latest posts

Back