The Weirdest Bunny Problem Ever

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! How scary, good thing you caught it whenyou did! I have had two different breeder friends (with fuzzy lops)lose rabbits to similar situations. One lost a buck, and the other losta junior. I thought it was maybe just a long-coated breed problem, butI guess not!

Silly bunny!

Oh my goodness! :shock2:

Poor baby :hug: (and yay for quick thinking :yes:)

binkies wrote:
Wait just a gosh darn minute! That fur looks a bit toofamiliar. Sekura ate Mr. Tumnus!!
LOL!!! I burst out laughing when I read that comment!! :laugh:

When I had my Polish bunnies many years ago, there was one time I had adoe who was due to kindle. I went out to check on her that evening viaflashlight, and when I shone the light in her cage I immediately knewsomething was wrong; her face looked odd...misshapen. So Iremoved her and brought her into the house only to discover that hermouth was crammed so full of fur she couldn't even shut it. I had touse tweezers to get the mass out, and the ball of fur that finallyemerged when I was done was enormous! I'd never heard of it happeningbefore so it really shocked me, but she was fine after that and went onto build her nest and have the babies.

Some bunnies...ya just never know with them....:foreheadsmack:

Oh goodness! My bunny loves eating everyone'shair, but not like that! Whatever she did, it sounds like she didn'tmean for such a result. Good thing you found it and could help her!

I just saw this thread and thought "Ow My God" that is just to amazing that that bunny had all that fur in her throat!

I do feed my bunnies dried papaya and pineapple on a dailtbasis,it is suppose to help break down hair that the bunnymay have ingested.

I think ur rabbit has hair balls, its a goodthing u got them out becuz i read something about hairball when myrabbit was shedding. I read that the fur gets stuck somewhere insidethe rabbit that why they don't eat and when u got out the fur therabbit started eatting a lot. I also read that a lot of rabbits diebecuz of that, they keep stavring and starving until they die. Maybeyou should take ur rabbit to a vet if it continues to have alot of fur in it's mouth

Pebbles just didthis. :shock:

I got both ready for bed and everything and said good night. A fewminutes later I hear thumping and skittering, so I went down to seewhat was the matter. Both were just sitting there, so I said good nightagain. Then there was more thumping, now louder so I went down to checkon the girls again. There was a bit of fur sticking out, so I thought Iwould just pull it off. I got that off but saw more, but she skitteredinto her 'cave'. I got her in a corner and then felt near her mouth andpulled out A TON of fur! They came in little clumps, it was reallyfreaky. I picked her up and got a more thorough look inside her mouth.I felt around, but didn't feel anything moreso I think I gotit all.

That was.. wow. She's having another false pregnancy, so I think shewas trying to make a nest?:?.

Woah, wierd bunnies!!! Good job you caught it when you did.

Makes me think of the magicians trick - y'know, where he pulls somestring or ribbon from a persons mouth, and it just keeps coming andcoming and coming .....

Jan

I know! I thought she might have just gotten atuff of fur stuck on her lip or something, but when I got the firstbunch I couldn't believe that, and then it kept coming out!

Yes, I do have it booked. It was supposed to be today, but Dr. Stockley won't be in so it had to be bumped to the 16th.

That just happened to Charlotte this weekend!! I walked into the laundry room where I find clumps of fur ALL over the place. After cleaning it up, I check her over for bald spots. She's a lionhead, and most of it was wool from her mane. I saw a bit of hair in her mouth, so I laugh, and tell her let it go. She's very grumpy as I pull out the first bit, and then there's more, and more and more!! It was like Kleenax tissue. You pull out one, and another appears in its place. There was a lot of fur in there! I don't think she could breath very well.:nerves1

Good job saving your bun, though, poor baby!!

Wow--is Charlotte spayed? She might have been making a nest but ate the fur instead. Sometimes I wonder why bunnies do things like this that don't make any sense. If I've been plucking a bunny and I've got a big pile of fur there, sometimes they'll run over to the fur and act like they're going to eat it! Doesn't make any sense.

This is CRAZY!!!

:panic::shock2:

Jen

Latest posts

Back