The vet says he needs surgery - RIP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbunmommy

Reaction score
My poor baby. This latest vet visit was not the good news I was hoping for. The vet found a mass in his stomach, the estimate was almost $1000.00 I live all on my own and don't have the extra money. I have to do it though, that rabbit means the world to me. I spent most of the day petting him and squeezing his little head which he loves. I'm at a loss of what to do.. Even just a kind word is appreciated. Please send Bun Bun you're love and good energy :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so so sorry! My heart goes out to you & your Bun Bun. I pray that he will be okay & for his surgery as well as your finances for his medical bills. Will Bun Bun's vet allow you to make payments? Stay strong & have faith that everything will work out for you & especially for Bun Bun's surgery & recovery. Bunny hugs to you & Bun Bun.

My poor baby. This latest vet visit was not the good news I was hoping for. The vet found a mass in his stomach, the estimate was almost $1000.00 I live all on my own and don't have the extra money. I have to do it though, that rabbit means the world to me. I spent most of the day petting him and squeezing his little head which he loves. I'm at a loss of what to do.. Even just a kind word is appreciated. Please send Bun Bun you're love and good energy :(
--here is a rabbit medical link http://medirabbit.com one word -(hydration)-make sure the bun is getting plenty of fluids perhaps pineapple,apple,etc.-this should give him a fighting chance,-you must break up this-mass--rabbits do not vomit-(no muscles)--surgery ?I have heard rabbits donot do well,,sincerely james waller :bunny5:love::bunny16

we have tried hydration, its just not working.. the vet says it could possibly be a tumor.. my little guy is a fighter, i know he'll pull through

--here is a rabbit medical link http://medirabbit.com one word -(hydration)-make sure the bun is getting plenty of fluids perhaps pineapple,apple,etc.-this should give him a fighting chance,-you must break up this-mass--rabbits do not vomit-(no muscles)--surgery ?I have heard rabbits donot do well,,sincerely james waller :bunny5:love::bunny16

I'm so so sorry! My heart goes out to you & your Bun Bun. I pray that he will be okay & for his surgery as well as your finances for his medical bills. Will Bun Bun's vet allow you to make payments? Stay strong & have faith that everything will work out for you & especially for Bun Bun's surgery & recovery. Bunny hugs to you & Bun Bun.

i took out a credit line for him, and i set up a donation page so im hoping that will work out.

ive been in tears since the vet told me. i just have to have faith that my little fighter will pull through this and will go back to running around my living room making a mess of everything

I will be praying and hoping that your little fella pulls through. He sounds like a real fighter. Keep us posted of his progress. Bunbun has all of us behind him with good vibes and lots of bunny hugs.

All my best to you in your troubles. We all fear these things and its trying but your a good bunnymom in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

I dropped Bun Bun off at the vet this morning at 9:30. It took all my effort to drive out of the parking lot without him. I'm supposed to call at 3pm for an update and should be able to pick him up around 4:30. I'm so anxious right now

Poor sweetie. It's past 3 and I hope all went well. It's so heart-warming to hear of humans going out of their way (in your case, into debt) to provide care for their little buns. So many would not bother or be put out financially. I'm praying for both you and your baby.

Coco_puffs, Bun Bun is on the west coast of the US so it is still another 1 hour before Bun Bun is to be picked up according to my time right now.

Last edited:
Bun Bun's mom, I just saw this post. I'm praying that the surgery went well & Bun Bun is now on the road to recovery. Please update us as soon as you can after getting Bun Bun home & taking care of him. I know you will feel better when he is back home with you! Praying all is well. Bunny hugs for the both of you.

Bun bun made it through the surgery fine yesterday, he was groggy but ok. I took him home, set him up in a quiet dark place in my bedroom and gave him lots of love.
Unfortunately when I woke up this morning, I found that he had passed away... I found him am hour ago and I can't seem to stop crying. I feel like I shouldn't have taken him in for the surgery. I don't know what could have happened. I miss my little guy so much right now

Oh noooo! I am so sorry for this horrible and unexpected loss. i recently lost one and know the horrendous pain you're dealing with and I'm crying right now along with you. I wish I could make it better. Just know that you are NOT alone in your pain. And if it helps, I believe in my heart 100% that his spirit is still there with you. And that you will see him again. No doubt whatsoever. I'm soo, so sorry.

Thank you for your kind words. It just doesn't seem real. I feel so horrible right now, I can't believe he's gone. I've decided to have him cremated.. I can't even really think right now
I just want my bunny back

Oh noooo! I am so sorry for this horrible and unexpected loss. i recently lost one and know the horrendous pain you're dealing with and I'm crying right now along with you. I wish I could make it better. Just know that you are NOT alone in your pain. And if it helps, I believe in my heart 100% that his spirit is still there with you. And that you will see him again. No doubt whatsoever. I'm soo, so sorry.

I'm so sorry for your loss. How difficult for him to make it through the surgery and then pass away on recovery. I doubt there was much else that could have been done and you did everything you could have.

I know. I want Coco back too. When your head clears a little maybe you can find out what went wrong, and then let us know. We can learn from his life and experience.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Having recently lost my bird and sugar glider I understand the pain all too well. You are in my thoughts.

I know. I want Coco back too. When your head clears a little maybe you can find out what went wrong, and then let us know. We can learn from his life and experience.

I will. I've been waiting for 9am so I can call the vet and figure it out. Maybe it was just too much for his little body to handle. My house feels so empty now, im used to the sounds of him in his cage or running around the house. Is there a place I can donate his things? I can't just throw them awa and its hard to look at

Latest posts

Back