The Trials and Tribulations

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunsforlife

Reaction score
Well I am terribly sorry for my absence the pastcouple of weeks. Been getting my TCI training at work andunfortunately 4 of the 5 training days were on my day off. SoI am now at day 11 without a day off. I am so tired, not tomention sore from the restraint training!

Well anyway, pictures are on hiatus until I get a moment to get the pictures from the digital to the resizing.

But since Raspberry wanted to know how the de...darling Gir has been... so here is the update from Camelot!

Gir is the same annoying but adorable bunny as he has been, although hehas grown. He is still smaller then Guinevere but he isgetting FAT! And his diet is almost exclusivelyhay. (He only eats his grain when his hay rack is empty) Hestill loves to eat anything and everything. He hasnt beengetting too much free time outside of the cage because I have come homeand just flopped down not wanting to move or pay attention to hisramblings.

Shawn is getting to like Gir now that he is calming. he doescuddle for short periods of time, but he doesnt like to ruin hisreputation of being a tough guy. He likes to make everyonethink he doesnt like attention, but when we are cooing over Guin, hegets all grumpy and pushes his nose against his cage.

Guinevere is Guinevere. She has been extra cuddly as of lateand will lay in my lap when I am on the computer or justreading. However if I am reading and I stop petting her withmy free hand she goes to eat my book. A couple of morningsago she decided I needed a wakeup call and she jumped on my face:shock: I had a nasty scratch which reminded me that I haventclipped toenails in a while. Bad mommy!

We havent had any spraying accidents in a while thank goodness. and guinevere is still white =)

So I apologize for my absence and I hope my schedule permits me tospend more time here at my leisure rather then typing out hasty repliesat work when I get a moment of relax time.

Melissa, Guinevere and Gir

Hi Melissa

It's nice to know how they're all getting on, I miss the tales ofCamelot :). Hope that your training days are finished for the momentand you get some time off. It'll be good to see pictures again when youcan get time to do them.

Your bunnies are such characters, the way Guin eats your book if youstop petting her made me laugh, she knows how to get your attention :D.I'm guessing been woken by her jumping on your face did too:XNaughty bun. Great that Gir's growing up and calming down abit, who knows he may end up as cuddly as Guin - well we can hope!Seems his weight might be due to all those pizzas he steals :p.

Love

Kate

Glad to hear the bunns are doing well, and hope things slow down a little for you soon!

Pam

Well thank you for your concern ::smiles::

Things are calming down, two more days until my day off, too bad theyare so chock full of things I HAVENT been able to do yet that they willnot be all that relaxing.

Though I went to this awesome pet store today to get some oxbow hay andfood (only place close that sells it) since I was runninglow. there was this ADORABLE bun there, looked like a stuffedanimal. Kind of a brindly brown, body looked likeajersey wooley with a head that was not fluffy at all. Oooohhow I wanted that bun! Shawn shook his head and told me thatif we got rid of Gir we could get this one... but I cant get rid ofGir, so I have to hope that this other bun gets a good home.

However, this pet store is phenomenal. All the animals arevery well socialized, the buns were jumping over each other to get petsfrom the workers! Even the chinchilla sat on the workersshoulder while his cage was cleaned. I had a scarlet macawcrawl up my shoulder and nibble on my ear! I always thoughtMacaws were distrustful of strangers, but I guess like any animal it isa question of how they are raised and treated.

Well I got my oxbow, and then my hun suprised me with apresent. Since I was bumming about losing my water dragon, headopted a female rat! She is the sweetest little rodent=) She sits on my shoulder and snuggles in my hair.

we decided to name her Gaz after the same cartoon Gir is namedafter. The only problem is Gaz the rat doesnt have the samenasty attitude as Gaz the cartoon character ( thank goodness! )

So thats the latest update. =) And back to work...1 and 1/2 hours before 3rd shiftcomes in and I can go home... only tobe back at 7am tomorrow... and no school... so it might be a rough day=(

A rat! That's awesome! Rats are such wonderfulpets, and they don't have the intestinal sensitivty of bunnies, sothey're easier on the mind. They do live much shorter lives, though,which is sad. I wish I could have more rats, but I've developed anallergy to them. Do post pictures of Gaz! Good luck with the newaddition! :D

I will post pictures of the little darlingprobably on Wednesday... since that is my next day off (thank goodnessonly 2 days away... I am quite ready for a R&Rsession)

Guinevere met Gaz this morning, I was sitting on the floor playing withGaz before work and Guin came over to investigate. Theysniffed each other, then Guin started kissing me and Gaz at the sametime. It was great =)

And now I notice... that all three of my animals have names that startwith G.... coincidence? hehe. Well anyway, back tothe joys of work. This job is getting me drinkingicky coffee! Blech!

bunsforlife wrote:
Ooooh how I wanted that bun! Shawn shookhis head and told me that if we got rid of Gir we could get this one...but I cant get rid of Gir.....
Get rid ofGir!!!!!

Strike the thought from hishead!

Gir is making fabulous progress! Let me quote!

"Gir is the same annoying but adorable bunny as he has been"

"Shawn is getting to like Gir now that he is calming."

"We haven't had any spraying accidents in a while thank goodness. and guinevere is still white =)"

Thank you for the update on my Buddha bellied little man!:)I'm looking forward to much more positive feedback on thelittle angel, (if he doesn't become depressed from thatnewskinny faced rodent taking over his kingdom) :X

Raspberry

::Laughs:: Buddha belly! That is soooooGir. Dont worry, Gir's kingdom isnt in jeopardy. Hehas a 6'ft tall castle! Gaz just has a 30 gallon tank and aroamball.

He hasnt met the rodent yet ;) probably later today... cant wait. 30min before I can go home!!! then one more day til my day off.

Gir is a jealous little man however, but when I reach to rub his nosehe runs away. Sheesh, how can I give him attention if he runsaway from me!

I always talk to him when I get up/go to bed/walk by thecage. I call him my little Girdom. Dont know why,just do =) He is also known as the antisocial one.But he is making progress ;) I wouldnt give him up.Not even for Sebastian. I love his grunts and growls when Ipick him up. At least he doesnt attack hands anymore ;)

Latest posts

Back