The tales of two dwarfs and a lionheart

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elise: WAIT I CAN REPORT IT??

Morgan: Lol I could totally talk about chickens with you all day. And I'll take some pictures tomorrow of the green eggs. And thank you! Elise sent me some good beginner tutorial lessons from youtube and I learned pretty quick. :)

Yep, under the likes and dislikes section there is a flag and when you put the mouse over it it says report. I think it only works if you have a youtube account though. Anyway, I reported it, but I don't think it'll do any good because the video was posted in 2006.

Yes Mogan, I sent Emily some beginner crochet lessons from youtube. Its pretty easy to learn but some people don't the patience for it. Like I can work for hours on my crochet project but some people just don't want to work on something for so long.

Emily, I just wanted to say that after time you will probably be able to follow patterns. At first I didn't think I would be able to follow a crochet pattern but after seeing a really cute bunny pattern I decided to give it a go and it was pretty easy. The reason I like patterns is a lot of times I cann't find the pattern I'm looking for on youtube but usually there's a pattern for it online.

Your probably not at this point yet, but after tiime you probably will be able to write up your own patterns. I've already written a bunny pattern and right now I'm writing a dragon pattern. There are lots of instructions online for designing your own pattern. The reaon I designed my bunny pattern is I was looking for a crochet plush bunny pattern that was realistic and the only ones I found you had to pay for. I'm just saying in case you ever look for a pattern and can't find one. Because once you get the hang of what increases and decreases do you can pretty much just design anything.

Also I wanted to say. If you want to make some quick fun crochet projects that you can make in a day you can search mini amigurumi patterns and you'll find quite a few quick projects on youtube.

Did I just go on a crocheting rant?! Sorry, its easy for me to spout out things about crocheting, lol :p. Its a fun hobby of mine that I would hate to give up.

Well I figured out how to report it now I just need to remember my account name....

So far I've only looked at the one pattern of a lucky bunny foot and I've been looking up how to crochet a magic circle and such. I think I'll look for mini amigurumi stuff tomorrow morning. :) I've seen some of the stuff that you've made and if they're simple I'd love to do something like them! Lol I don't mind chicken or crochet rants!

Yeah magic circles are usually used when making amigurumi. Here is a really good tutorial for making magic circles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9u6Zg2INLs its a geat tutorial, trust me. I always use this method for my amiguumi it takes a bit of practice to rmember everything. But its really easy. Yeah you can search for mini amigurumi or beginner amigurumi. Youtube has some really great tutorials. If you have a specific one that I've made that you like I'd be happy to give you the tutorial for it. I posted most of my amigurumi pictures on my blog. But they are all stewn about between updates on Ash and such. There is a thread here that I started and it shows a lot of my amigurumi: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f17/crafty-stuff-you-made-74317/ and here's another page that shows some bunnies I made: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f17/any-improvements-needed-74376/ just make sure to look at all the pages because I posted a few other bunny designs on different pages. Anway if there is a specific one you like I can get the pattern for you. Some of them wee made with pattens and some from youtube videos.

Oh and tomorrow morning I'll update the crochet group with a lot of amigurumi youtube tutorials so you can check them out and see what you like.

Last edited:
I love the little Yoda you made! And the monkey and the yellow snake(and everything else!). That video's a lot simpler to understand than the last one I watched, in the one I watched she was crocheting really fast so it was hard to keep track. She also had a different technique, she only looped her string once and she tightened her circle by pulling the tail end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3PmaQJbyVt0 This is the video I was watching, but I did like the one you linked better as she was going slower and it was easier to follow. I'm gonna go check out the crochet group right now!

On another note, has anybody else watched the convos with my 2 year old daughter vidoes? They're awesome!

The yoda I made was one I just made up so I don't have a pattern for that one. Here is the tutorial for the monkey: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0mDMmTPHCw[/ame] in fact that was the fist amigurumi I made. I posted some good beginner tutorials in the crochet group too.

I haven't ever seen the convos with my 2 year old daughter videos. What are they about?

Oh thanks! This is the first episode in the convos with my 2 year old thing. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdtD19tXX30&feature=player_detailpage[/ame] It's funny because it's exactly what a 2 year old would say!

I joined you in cussing the person out. :) And I reported it as well.
Teehee I watched the video hehehehehehe

Last edited:
So today my two older brothers and a couple of friends got back from camping. The place they went to is absolutely gorgeous(from the pictures anyway lol), I'd definitely go there at some point. My younger sister has a softball game scheduled tonight but as it just started pouring rain it will probably be cancelled. Softball season will be over this weekend(closing day is actually on my birthday lol) and I must say I won't miss it! It's fun to watch but the schedules are hectic, it is nice for my two younger siblings to be able to do this kind of thing. Today I've mainly been reading, I got the second and third book to the forest of hands and teeth series, and the second book in the looking glass wars series. I highly recommend both of those series, I must say I didn't like the second book in the forest of hands and teeth series as much as the first, I haven't started the third one yet so maybe that will be more along the lines of the first one. I noticed that our sweet potatoes have sprouted! We have them in a plastic tote filled with sand, I'm very excited to be growing them this year, we tried last year but we dug them up and put them in a bag and somehow the bag got all wet so the potatoes spoiled. I've been on some of the other rabbit forums I'm a member of and I got a clip of a bunny playing for my rabbit video. Hopefully I'll get more soon. :) I think tonight I'll end up watching some documentary. Anybody know of a good movie on Netflix?

I love the documentaries on Netflix. I liked the one "FIRE ANTS" 48 minutes long and so interesting. Then I watched one on pit bulls and how a lot of cities ban you from having them and it was sad. I want to watch Eddie Murphy RAW tonight. We will see how that goes.

I watched a documentary about great white sharks, it was really good. :) It makes me so sad that people act like that about pitbulls. If you look back in history, pitbulls were actually used as nursemaids and trusted to guard infants. They are so sweet.

I watched a doc about a great white shark named Nicole. I was totally invested in this sharks life by the end of the doc and when they said she hadn't been seen in years I was totally devastated. Seriously, I wanted to go to travel from the Cape Fear coast and go to the nothern coast of Australia and see if I could find her. I had that crazy thought.
Anyway, I live on netflix because I don't have cable. But sometimes its hard to find something to watch. I usually just watch Law&Order: SVU or kids shows with my son.
I don't know how old you are, so I don't know what to recommend for you. I want to give you age appropriate recommendations! But I will say that no matter how old I am, I love The Lorax.

Oh yes I want to watch one on the sharks, I like sharks, they are A-OKAY on my part! ;)
Pitbulls are very sweet and smart and usually very good-natured. One of our renters had one and she loved to play with Rosco and they had great fun but she did play too rough, she left lots of little marks around his neck. I think it might be maybe she was taken from her mom too early because before 8 weeks they don't learn bite inhibition so if I buy a puppy I always will wait til after 8 weeks.

Morgan: I actually think we might have watched the same one! Yeah we don't have that many channels on our tv. Lol don't worry I can watch R rated movies. Does anyone else watch Downton Abbey? After the last season ended I was just like: what do I do now...

Katie: I love sharks! My mom is totally freaked out by them so I just come up to her and start spouting shark facts and she looks at me really weird lol. Yeah pitbulls can get really wound up at playtime and get a little rough. I was once pet sitting a pitbull called Bango, she was such a sweet dog but she'd get soo ramped up outside, lol she tackled me a couple times, then she'd start licking my face, like: OMG THAT WAS FUN LET'S DO IT AGAIN!

I think there are a lot of people who watch Downton. I don't, because I don't usually have a quiet moment to watch it and listen to what they're saying. So I've watched like one episode. haha.
I don't know what you like to watch, BUT we just watched this the other night; Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn. Its an action, but it was pretty good! Your brothers would probably like it too! haha.
Some of the things I've liked are; Whats Eating Gilbert Grape, Hot Rod(it was so stupidly funny), Mad Men, undeclared, Parenthood, Hell on Wheels, Bobs Burgers, ParaNorman, Dark Matters: Twisted but True(it was crazy but good), Top Gear(just the UK version, they're hilarious), The Office.
Thats plenty of good options! hahaha. At least to me! I watch all kinds of stuff.
Oh and Swamp Loggers, we watch a lot of the Discovery shows and that one was one of my favorites.

Haha Hot rod is funny. I've seen a couple episodes of parenthood but I've never actually buckled down to watch it lol. Oh my gosh I LOVE The Office! Seriously that has to be one of my favorite series. My family usually just finds a series on netflix and we watch all the seasons over a couple weeks lol. We watched; Storage wars,Pawn stars(mainly just to make fun of the people), Gold rush, and recently some Swamp loggers.

Today was just plain nasty out. It wasn't so much hot as it was humid. Seriously 10 minutes out there and I was like: OMG I'M GONNA SUFFOCATE. So I stayed inside and baked 2 loaves of banana bread. :) Lol it's kinda a tradition, when my older brother comes to visit us on leave I always make banana bread, today it wasn't so much planned we just had a TON of old bananas that needed using up. I finished the second book of the forest of hands and teeth series, it was good but I like the first book better. And isn't this picture awesome?

4l232c.jpg
[/IMG]

Back