The Taffy GI Chronicles..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylova4eva

Reaction score
its weird, when she has Romain lettuce it usually gets her pooping *some*. I don't think she's dehydrated, as she does pee pretty frequently. And it looks normal-almost clear. Her poops (when I see it..) looks normal. So I don't know. She does drink her water. because of this, we're hesitant to take her in. BUt the fact that she'll go some, and then for the rest of that whole day, there's nothing, that worries me.

What would cause this? Any help/ideas/what to do is appriciated. She been finishing her food now every day too, so the fact that she doens't poop much kidna worries me.. :(

Does anyone have a clue what could cause her droppings to look normal, but that I only see her go a fair ammount once a day and then nothing for like 12 hours...????

I think she's lacking in fibre so try giving her alfalfa hay and some wooden chew toys like wicker balls/mats and dried apple wood. Try this and moniter her for a few days :)

Hope this helps and I hope she gets better :)

She's like 5 1/2 yrs. old. Calcium isn't too good for older bunnies and I'm hesitant to do Alfalfa. She eats LOTS of Orchard Grass, and Timothy Hay as it is, as well as she's on a Fibre food. (purina fibre3).

Stop her eating romaine for a bit and look for any improvement. I'd take her to a vet for a check up and a better diagnosis. I hope I helped a little though :)

Yep, I already tried that, and she still pooped some over night. But this is how it always is. Now she won't go for the rest of the day till late tonight when she goes some.

Have you taken her to a vet yet?? I've been reasearching what the problem could be and it could be a blockage. I'd take her to the vets ASAP for a check up. It could be an emergancy. Good Luck.

No she has not been to the vet for it yet.
I don't think she would continue to poop quite a bit every night (at the same time even!) and the droppings continue to look normal if it was a blockage. Dont know what it is..

Latest posts

Back