The Stomach-Dropping Dead Bunny Flop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, that never bothers me anymore. I had never seen it before I got my lops, but now they do it all the time. I very often have to poke them just to make sure they're still breathing. lol I don't start to panic unless it's an older rabbit or a sick one.

The only rabbits that I've had that ever did dead bunny flops was Berry-Boo (now named Felice). She would love to flop in her cage, the hallway, and by our hallway mirror (favorite place). She was such a character. She flopped towards anything (even if it wasn't stable enough to support her flop).

The first time I saw her do this, I thought she had a heart attack or something. I panicked, ran over to her and poked at her, and she sat up quickly, gave me the dirtiest look, then hopped away while giving me the dreaded mini-rex foot flickies!

Seriously, guys, you get scared when you see your bunnies do this? Bunnies do this when they're happy! Not that you shouldn't check your bunny just in case, especially if it's hot, maybe make sure he or she's not panting away, etc. But yeah, my guys love to flop over, and they get this expression on their faces like "Life's swell". It's awesome. :D

Latest posts

Back