The Sims 3

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Becca wrote:
By the way everyone I figurted out something today lol because my man got stuck in the shower..well he was having a shower before bed and he seemed to be in there for ages so I crossed it out so he could go to bed but he carried on....so i panicked lol because i didnt want him to die and he was getting all red so I looked it up and the cheat is

resetsim firstname lastname

:D

just in case any of yours get stuck :D
They should be making patches that you can download to help fix glitches like this soon.

I want it but I have so many other things to pay for, plus I have exams and I know its just going to suck all my time if i get it now! Also I have a fairly high powered Mac but I don't want it do kill it, although I don't run a huge amount of things on here (Adobe Creative Suite, Spotify and Handbrake are the only things I've loaded onto it!) so hopefully it should be OK.

So, I may be buying it next Thursday when I finally finish exams!

mardigraskisses wrote:
Which Sims games do you have to have installed before you install the Sims 3?
None :) It's not an expansion like it's a whole different game.

mardigraskisses wrote:
In terms of how the game itself runs though, I had the sims 2 and maybe 5 expansion packs installed and they ran just fine on my machine. It's just the Sims 3 that I'm having trouble with.

I'm thinking of getting the iPhone app as well though. :)

mardigraskisses wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
mardigraskisses wrote:
None :) It's not an expansion like it's a whole different game.

SWEET JESUS. I must have it.
The Wal-Mart by my house was totally sold out of it. Guess I should have went a little earlier than midnight. :grumpy

OK here's the million dollar question.

What the heck is Sims3?

Susan:?

I REALLY want the Sims 3.

I had my husband upgrade my computer earlier this year so I'd be able to run it without problems. (He put in a new motherboard, processor, and video card.)

But the thing is....I have all of the Sims 2 expansions and such, but have barely played them. So much of my time is used up doing other things, that I barely can find time for Sims 2. I keep telling myself I really should spend more time playing what I have before buying a new game. (I also have a Wii game I bought 2 months ago when it was on sale, but haven't even played it yet.)

Bah.

SOOOSKA wrote:
OK here's the million dollar question.

What the heck is Sims3?

Susan:?
The Sims 3 is a strategic life simulation video game in the popular and critically acclaimed The Sims franchise, originally created by Maxis. Within the in-game chronology of the series, it can be considered a prequel. A collector's edition is also available, which comes with a free sports car download, a sticker sheet, a 2GB Plumbob-shaped USB drive, and 1000 Sim Points (equivalent value in local currency, eg. 10 USD) to spend at The Sims 3 Store.[10][/sup][11][/sup] In contrast to the previous versions, the houses and neighborhoods are seamless, allowing players to explore and interact with their neighborhood without loading time. The game set a new record for Electronic Arts, selling more than 1.4 million copies in its first week of release.

Gameplay Sim houses and neighborhoods are entirely in one continuous map, and the developers state that "What you do outside your home now matters as much as what you do within." The game includes an optional feature called 'story progression', which allows all Sims in the neighborhood apart from those the player is currently controlling to autonomously continue as if the player was controlling them, i.e. grow up, get married, get jobs and promotions, have kids, and so forth. Unlike previous Sims games, features may be toggled on or off to the user's preference; for instance, a player may toggle off aging/death if they do not want that feature to be enabled.[12][/sup]
Of the eight needs of The Sims 1 & 2, only six (hunger, bladder, energy, social, hygiene and fun) remain, removing comfort and environment. These are represented by "moodlets", attributes which are acquired special events, such as minor events like tooth brushing and major ones like a wedding, and affect the Sims' behavior. Several minor features from The Sims 2 expansion packs appear in the The Sims 3, such as the "young adult" life stage, mobile phones and guitars (University), private cars, personal inventories (Nightlife), fishing and gardening (Seasons), jewelry and accessories, (Bon Voyage), tooth brushing, ceilings and playground structures (Apartment Life)[13][/sup][14][/sup]. However, none of the main features from expansion packs, such as a Sim going to college (University), are available yet.
Might give you an idea ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_3

Latest posts

Back