The Saga Of Puddles And The Incredibly Comfy Recling Sofa

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Ici

Reaction score
Hi.
Little Puddles has a tendency to hide behind and underneath the Incredibly Comfy Reclining Sofa which is causing a bit of a problem. Because the sofa reclines, if little Puds was underneath she'd get crushed and obviously we don't want that to happen. Also, because the Incredibly Comfy Reclining Sofa is ridiculously heavy, it's nigh on impossible to get her out when it's bedtime.

Has anybody got any ideas how to stop little Puddles getting behind The Incredibly Comfy Reclining Sofa and hiding there?

We have a smaller sofa which she can hide behind but she prefers the dangerous Comfy Sofa becuase she can get right underneath it and as I previously said, that's really dangerous.
We've tried stuffing all kinds of things at either end to deny bunny access, but she always finds a way. We can't put any boxes there becuase then we couldn't recline :(

Any ideas?

Thanks x

EDIT: When unreclined, there is room enough for a bunny to get under, but when the sofa reclines, the mechanism lowers the seat quite significantly thereby causing a danger to little Puddles, bless her

I know that people sometimes use that bitter spray to stop a bun from chewing, maybe the smell would repel her from hiding in your sofa. I know that my bunnies refuse to go behind the sofa because they smell that the cat has been all over that area. (She's of course in another room when it's bunny free-range time.)

You could put some grids or part of an x-pen on the outside edge of the sofa (I'm assuming it's close enough to the wall. As for making sure they stay, put some heavy boxes or maybe rearrange the side tables to hold them up. When you say go underneath, you mean when the recliner is open and she goes under there? To stop that, you'd have to attach some fabric to the recliner in the open position to completely close off access.

Latest posts

Back