The Saddest Thing Evar

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aldamar

Reaction score
I've had a lovely, super well-behaved slightly anti-social 3-legged rabbit (Cannoli) for about 2 years now. Since her recovery, she's brought nothing but joy to us - she's in good health, easy to take care of, and asks very little of us.

That said, I also have a nine month old now. Don't worry, all bunnies are safe! My time was taken up a lot by our new addition to the family, and I thought it was about time we got Cannoli a friend. Set up a playdate, found a friendly fluffy critter that gets along famously with her, and all is well.

The new rabbit (name TBD) is still young / growing, friendly, sociable, but has a habit of 1.) licking (this is cute) and 2.) biting. #2 is the problem.

She's never bitten hard (had her for almost 2 weeks now, handle daily), more like she's just trying to see if your finger is secretly a sandwich. But, while playing with said tiny daughter on the kitchen floor today, new bunny came up. She snuffled my baby's hand, she laughed, and the world was wonderful - until the saddest thing happened =( New bunny bit my daughter's fingertip, and she found out what pain was for the first time in life. There is just nothing sadder than seeing a baby bleed for the first time.

After lots of snacks, some povidone iodine, and a lot of pressure, my daughter's finger isn't bleeding any more. I know baby skin is soft and probably easier to bite through, but I'm alarmed enough about it to want to curb this habit. The long explanation is because I'm in a nutshell trying to relay that our new fluffy friend isn't stressed, violent, or showing really any outward signs of discontent that you might associate with biting generally. I don't even suspect she's "nipping" to get attention. Thoughts on a good way (other than perpetually keeping my hands and feet covered in habanero sauce until she gets the hint) to end this behavior?

If you read all that, thanks! Best wishes all,

- Al

Latest posts

Back