The place you live in

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mouse_chalk wrote:
Jess, I'm in Durham next weekend! My aunty lives there in some crazy big rented mansion and she's hosting a party for my nan and grandad's 60th wedding anniversary! We've driven through Durham before because Steve's mum lives in Middlesborough but I've never seen that much of it!

irishbunny and Paul, your local areas look stunning! Love the castle Paul!
Well if you like a loads of stones then your going to love this:p,
(can't believe I forgot it)
Limerick treaty stone.
080112.jpg

this is also right next to me, If you can see it being next to the castle. Limerick is quite popular among tourists.

Edmonton is known for having the largest shopping mall in north america. We also have the biggest baseball bat, biggest cowboy boot etc. Nothing too historical though.

Bloomfield, NY is the place where the Northern Spy apple was developed, contrary to what Martha Stewart said in one of her books... folks in our town were in an uproar over it. :)

We are tiny enough to have one traffic light and a small enough village that if you blink, you will miss it. As hubby says, more cows (and horses) than people.

You'd have to go to Canandaigua or Honeoye for two of the Finger Lakes... lots of wineries and good food, skiing at Bristol Mountain south of here, the Strong National Museum of Play in Rochester, the George Eastman House (he founded Eastman Kodak)...

Denise

You all seem to live in such gorgeous places! I'm afraid Indiana is quite boring! We are known for covered bridges, world's largest things like "largest ball of paint!" and BASKETBALL!! We have the famous haunted Willard Library,

Here are some of the things tho:

First comes to mind The Indianapolis Motor Speedway:

hamilton-us-grand-prix-winner.jpg

Then the Soldiers and Sailor's monument:

soldiers-and-sailors-monument-indianapolis-in247.jpg

The Harrison Home (president Benjamen Harrison):

Near me is Connor Prarie - A living and interactive history museum: http://www.connerprairie.org/

Mammoth Cave is the longest in the world:

p114643-Indianapolis-Mammoth_Cave.jpg

Indianapolis Children's Museum is the Largest Children's museum in the world.... and it's growing..... more construction now:

childrensmuseum.jpg

A haunted library sounds interesting :coolness:I love stuff like that!

We have a haunted lighthouse in Fairport. It's supposed to be haunted by a cat that was found mummified in a crawlspace. Very creepy looking. I started to climb the stairs of the lighthouse and got freaked out and couldn't go to the top :nerves1I'm afraid of heights not ghosts!

Former president James A. Garfield's home is here and is said to be haunted by his wife, Lucretia Garfield.

There are some other places in the area you can see here: http://www.forgottenoh.com/Counties/Lake/lakecounty.html

I actually live on the same street as the Steel Magnolias house. If any of you ladies have seen that classic Julia Roberts/Dolly Parton/Sally Fields movie it's a classic!

28aq0rb.jpg

ojnw9e.jpg

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
penguinsrxcore wrote:
I actually live on the same street as the Steel Magnolias house. If any of you ladies have seen that classic Julia Roberts/Dolly Parton/Sally Fields movie it's a classic!

28aq0rb.jpg

ojnw9e.jpg
That is SO cool! Lol.
Yeah I pass by it daily lol

Latest posts

Back