The PERFECT Hay Holder

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumpers_Mom

Reaction score
At least I think it is. :biggrin2:I've been looking and looking for something that would hold enough hay...and be comfortable for Thumps and Peaches...and be small enough that they wouldn't jump in it! :foreheadsmack:

Well, the litterbox thing was too messy as Peaches used to throw it all over.:tantrum: I had the gravity bin and that was great but it was a pain to refill and I found that the hay kept getting stuck in the upper part...I just needed something bigger. The willow basket got DESTROYED by Peaches. :bangheadI tried bending a NIC panel but that was uncomfortable to refill too. :tongue

The last thing I tried was a metal cd holder which was good but T&P had to get the hay out from the top...it was too high so when they ate a good portion, they would jump in it...then they started pooping and peeing in there while eating!:headsmack

:ideaI got this from Ikea last night and it was only $2.99. It is 8 1/4"x13". I was able to secure it by using the ties. The bars are wide enough for them to pic their hay through it and allows me to put it high enough to clean under it...and they won't jump into it! Oh, the tray on the bottom rocks too! :woohoo

Gotta LOVE Ikea!:yes:

35730_PE126621_S4.jpg

No problem :biggrin2:It is in the kitchen section on the showroom floor where all of the cabinet accessories are. I'm not sure if the set up is the same...so just in case.

Nice! It even has a bottom! Is it too narrow for the buns to jump in to? We don't have an Ikea here but the hay in the litter box thing seems to work pretty well for my bunners :) Let us know how this one works out! Kisses to Thumps and Peachy!

Oh that looks EXCELLENT! We didn't go too well with the hay rack here as the gaps were too small and I think they found it hard to get the hay out, but the gaps in this look a lot bigger!

And I never need an excuse to go to Ikea! :biggrin2:

OMG!!!

MyBabyBunnies posted this in 2005!!!

I guess this counts too.

I couldn't find hay racks that could hold enough hay for my boys (hay crazy bunnies) but I found this at Ikea:

35729_PE126620_S4.jpg

It's comparable to a hay rack you buy at the store for price but itdoesn't require filling so much. It was perfect for my bunnies!

It is the same thing...the one I posted is just a bit taller! Go figure it is not a new find but heck..still a pretty good one.

My Ikea is 2 hours away and we never go down to the Pheonix area. I wonder what shipping for three of these would be offline or if I can find something similar to them in Lowe's or something.

I wanted to bend a NIC panel for hay racks, but I am not too sure how that will work out...I don't see it working well, lol.

Awesome find. I have a growing list for Ikea and I will add that. The closest one is about 45 minutes away. I never thought to look there for a hay rack. I have very little left of the willow basket that I've been using:D

Back