The new rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Well, so far so good with the baby bunny. She isalready much happier and adjusting well. The car ride stressed her outa bit, but it also does Abby and Chompers, so I'm not all thatsurprised.

We have her in her own cage, and she spent the first ten minutes or sojust sniffing everything. She settled down in the littler box (phew)straight away, and has even pooped in it already. It took Abby a bit tolitter train, I hope this one is easier!

After about a half hour,we decided to introduce all therabbits, in a neutral territory. I had a water bottle in hand, just incase. Of course, our rabbits could've cared less. They went into thecage, gave the baby bunny some lickings and sniffs, which we could tellthe baby really really loved. Already she ishappy with otherrabbits around. Abby and Chompers were acting like maniacs, in theForbidden Zone, as they aren't usually allowed in the area they were inand were very excited about it. They proceeded to hop in and out of thebaby bunny's cage, eat the food and hay, inspect her a bit with somelight grooming, then tearing bunny butt around the Forbidden Zone.

We eventually moved everyone back into the living room/dining room. TheManiacs went into their own cage, and the baby hasn't come out of hersyet. We're not going to force the issue, as everything is so new toher. She's settled down enough where she's drinking and eating. Shereally didn't know what to make of the hay, she spent a lot of timesniffing it, then tested it, found out she likes it, and is now goingto town. I really think that was her first time eating hay.

All in all, everything went very well. The baby bunny isclearlyhappy. She likes to be pet and held, so far at least.I can only hope she's like Sebastian and will cuddle....but we'll see.Dave suspects that she was maybe the runt of the litter, due to hersize and how skinny she was when we first saw her. Also, her facedoesn't seem quite right to us. I tried getting a face shot, buthaven't been able to yet. Here are some pics we managed to get so far.

Here is another shot of her and Abby. I amsoooooo relieved that our rabbits already accept her. It could havegone the other way.

Wow, she's BIG already! When you said baby I was thinking little fuzzball! Really adorable.

Congrats! She looks like a keeper!

Rose

awww she looks like velvet! lol how cute!!!

Names...umm...I stink at names...I"d just call her VelvetEarsor "Velour" but that's silly me...isn't there a book called VelveteenRabbit, you can name her that lol

Starlet? Quizzy? Mercedes, Lexus? you can always name her after a car lol.

Emma, Amber, Destiny, Echo, Fidget, Nibbler,Roxy, Gizmo, Janka, Jasmine, bahhh lol I dont know

She's cute no matter what you name her :)

LOOK AT THOSEEARS!!! :shock:They are adorable! Wait until BunnyMommy getsa look at those! You know how she is about ears! Of course, I rarelyget a peek inside unless I pick them up, open them and look in there.It's so cute how you can just "see in there" in that shot of your newbaby! She is quite adorable! It's a really good sign that your crew hastaken to her so quickly! :)

Oh what a beautiful girl! Her fur looks like velvet... so I am partial to that for a name hehe =)

See, your babies knew she was in need and so welcome her as lovingly as you and your hubby did =)

I named my black rex, Chaucer. She was absolutelygorgeous and such a loving bun. Kinda funny, though...people keptasking me if I cut her hair. She had crinkly whiskers too. Such a cutie.

Yeah, her whiskers are a bit on the crinkly side!Is that common with Mini Rexes? Abby is only half Mini Rex, and she'sgot the biggest whiskers.

And yes, Raspberry, her ears are HUGE. Abby had huge ears also, butgrew into them. Sorta. Chompers goes without saying with his ears, butas you have a Lop, you know what I mean. :)

Well, the update so far: Abby and Chompers are acting like totalmaniacs tonight. They are mounting each other like crazy!!! It'sstarting to drive us nuts actually. lol Not sure what's going on withthose two, a dominance thing I think. They were doing it a bityesterday, but we didn't think much of it. Tonight is nonstop.

Other than that, they are both pretty good with the new bun so far,although Abby did chase her around in a not so nice way. It's going totake time basically, which is what I expected. Abby was being verygood, grooming the new rabbit and being all nice. Not sure when thechasing began, as I'm in the spare room on the computer. I think thenew bun went for the communial water bowl and Abby didn't like it. AllI know is I heard a bunch of thumping all of a sudden. Nothing new, asAbby is a thumper and will thump is the sun isn't shining to herliking.

We're keeping the new bun in her cage most of the time, with highlysupervised outside cage time. The other two want to go in her cage toraid the hay and food (of course they only think with their bellies).We were able to clip the new bun's claws though. She was very docile,once we got her onto the table. Totally mellowed out and let me do mything. It was nice, and much needed. Those things were little daggers.So far she seems to like being held and pet. I really really hope sheturns into another Sebastian!!

Ok, long enough post. Sorry to go on and on....

Ohhhh My Gosh!

What a babe! What a beautiful little babe.

I love our new baby, Stephanie. Oh, Good Lord, no wonder why you fought so hard.

What a Love! What a Beauty!!

Kisses, Hugs, and Love to our new Baby.
-Carolyn

Little Angel.

What a pretty Pretty Baby.

Yep, Rex's have funny whiskers. My Rex's havebroken off to short little stubs. I think it's cause of the structureof their coat, but I'm not sure. I know their fur is fragile as well,so if she has any small hairless spots, don't freak right away, theycan be common in Rex's. Also the small, face with the defined bones. Iknow she looks thin, but I swear, no matter how big my Rex gets, hishead stays so tiny.

Anyway, good for you for rescuing her. Keep us updated on how she's doing!

She's great looking... I didn't say anything earlier, but I was really hoping you'd buy her.

I don't know what you should call her though... I tend to name myanimals things that are kinda different so I don't think I should startshouting off name ideas...

~Christine~

Her fur is so soft and velvety. And her coloringis just to die for. That silvery blue color. We're so happy andrelieved to have her now.

As far as names, nothing yet. lol Dave was stuck on Smokey for somereason, but I can't see it for her. Besides, my grandmother had anawesome Maine Coon named Smokey when I was growing up.

Thanks for the into, m.e. She does have a bald spot just behind herears that I was worried about. I need to do some research on Mini Rexestoday.

Nothing new to report yet, but it's still early. I slept in today until9, usually I'm up around 7 or so and the buns are out. They're still inright now and I can hear Abby banging on the bars.

Latest posts

Back