The Life & Times of Felix 'n' Clementine!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They seem okay to me, although I haven't actually measured them to see how big they are. I noticed some of them are a bit curved but not so much that it impacted the cage at all.

I'm a bit worried about one of the buns. One of them did a really strange few poops, they looked strung together but not with hair, very soft and dark. They both have their appetites and are otherwise normal. Someone did eat a few buttons off a remote control yesterday (housemate left it on the couch; I suspect Felix ate them) so I wonder if it's some side effect of them passing. Actually, they've both been doing smaller and slightly darker poops since I changed their hay last week.

*fret worry fret* :(

Awww, I hope they're doing alright. If the remote control buttons were eaten yesterday I would say that things will that will be fine since enough time has passed. It could simply be a change from the new hay. Whenever I get new hay for Bandit his poops seem to go through a bit a change, for a week or so and then they go back to normal. Probably because I don't often get the same type of hay twice in a row because they quality and availability changes with seasons.

Sending bunny healing your way.

I'm ordering some of the hay I normally get, since I think it may be a mix of new hay and not wanting to eat as much. Along with that, Clementine has peed outside of her box three times today, so I'm worried something's up with her. One bunny (I suspect Felix) has also passed a couple of abnormally large poops which had small hairballs in them. I'm glad they're passing them but I'm worried that there may be a lot in there. :( :( :( Also getting some papaya tablets which will hopefully help with all of this.

Thankfully among all the bunny drama, Bigby is doing very well! He's taken a liking to one of my housemates. I woke up this morning and my housemate had his face up against the cage, and Bigby was giving him kisses. When he went to go move away, Bigby started squeaking for him to come back! He's also become very happy to be pet, and spends a lot of time happily hopping around his cage. His litter training is also progressing. Clever pig!

For some reason I was under the impression that pigs couldn't be litter trained, but just looking it up, you are right, they can. Perhaps just a little tougher than for a rabbit? I find it so cute that he was squeaking for your roommate to come back so he could give him more kisses!

That is a little unsettling about clementines pee, I guess just keep an eye on her. I'm trying to think how many times Bandit actually pees per day, but I'm not sure. Maybe 5 times a day. I found a big poop smear on the floor this morning, I'm assuming is from a ceacotroph, seems to happen every so often. I hope you don't end up having to take Clem to the vet.

I think it may have been a one-off thing with Clem's box habits. Can't see any pee outside of the litter tray this morning, and most poops are in there too. She's grumpy and sassy as always. :) She actually gave me some little licks on my hand after I gave her half a strawberry though!

Felix has such a stinkin' attitude! :p

I picked him up for a quick snuggle which he hated, of course. After I popped him down on the floor again he flicked his feet at me, threw around one of his toy cups, and then tipped a food bowl upside down. Naughty!

Haha, I find bunny moods like that adorable :p I know they're grumpy when they do it, but because they're bunnies, it's just so stinking cute! I trimmed some of Bandit's claws today, and I got the biggest feet flicks after putting him down, lol.

Thankfully among all the bunny drama, Bigby is doing very well! He's taken a liking to one of my housemates. I woke up this morning and my housemate had his face up against the cage, and Bigby was giving him kisses. When he went to go move away, Bigby started squeaking for him to come back! He's also become very happy to be pet, and spends a lot of time happily hopping around his cage. His litter training is also progressing. Clever pig![/QUOTE]

Awwww. That is soooo cute!!!!I was just imagining that and what a cute
image in my head!!! What a sweetie! I'm glad you and your partner got him and are giving him a better life! How great that is you got Bigby instead of someone else!

On another note, I was actually able to pick up Lady for the first time since I rescued her in November 2013!! Of course, she was acting like Felix, flicking feet, tossing stuff after I put her down. I don't know if the previous owners
abused her while picking her up but we have gone from her being buck wild to giving me kisses in the morning until I started picking her up... don't know if I should back off or what... but wanted to share that progress and keep up the great work with Bigby!

Vanessa

I've been picking up these two quite a bit recently, trying to get them more used to handling. It sucks when they don't like it, but I try to always reward them with treats, and I hope they understand it's for their own benefit! I even got to trim Clementine's front paws, her back ones didn't really need it. Felix is way more fussy about his paws though, and his body shape doesn't allow for the same way I'd handle Clementine for it. If I put her so she's sort of sitting on her behind, her top half sort of 'folds' over, like she's sitting like a person, and I can handle all four of her paws. The second I try to sit Felix's lean li'l body the same way he freaks out and tries to get back onto all four legs. Oh well~

I should try to treats. I haven't even been able to do that because of the foot flicking and running back to the cage from Lady, but I think I will give it a try. I think it's good to try to trim the claws but I haven't been able to get that close to any of the rabbits I have. Brooke is the only one and last time I tried to give her medicine and check her claws she got both of my toes beside the big toe in her mouth and bit 'em! I guess that was a warning, no meds and no attempted claw cutting!!

How's Bigby doing now?

Vanessa

Bigs is doing well. Still searching for a friend for him, but he seems happy on his own right now, if maybe a bit chatty. Very vocal little guy!

Some pictures from today! :)

Felix likes to stand up and say hi to Bigby. Just before this photo was taken, I caught him trying to groom him through the bars.

cpf8jwC.jpg

0zLZuDb.jpg

pX9nwRf.jpg

EO2Iv6C.jpg

And my FAVOURITE!

P12IXqD.jpg

Felix is such a sweetheart. I love that embarrassing candid shot of Clem, haha, she looks like a slobbery puppy. That's a shot I'd frame and hang on the wall! :p

I let my friend have one of the bunnies' old hutches for her guinea pig, and she helped me finally give Bigs his haircut! He's about 1/3rd of the guinea pig he used to be. Poor fella had a few mats on his underside, but now he's nice and clean-shaven. I forgot how silky his coat was. :)

Ooh, fingers crossed - I've just submitted an application to work in one of my all-time favourite stores (Lush) opening locally later this year! After speaking to employees in current stores they did suggest going quite an informal route for my cover letter, so I even included a picture of Felix (seeing as the company fights strongly against animal testing, and has a 'Fighting animal testing' logo displayed on all products that looks a bit like him!).

Back