The "Help-Yourself" Hay Hopper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3Bears

Reaction score
100_1291c.jpg

100_1292c.jpg

100_1293c.jpg

~enjoy~

Aw, so cute!

Is that whole big black pan a litter box? Thatrocks. I've got to find some of the eggcrate gratestuff. I went to Home Depot, and they didn't have a clue whatI was talking about (neither did I!). Can you tell me whereyou found it? And is eggcrate the actual name ofit?

Doodle... yup it's a litterbox. It keeps my kidsaway from their waste and I love it. The box itself is a "mixing" or"garden" box that I bought from Building Box, and the eggcrate I alwaysget from Home Depot. It's in with the ceiling panels for a dropceiling... perhaps that'll help them find it. For us it's located rightnear the screws and nails. And I used the white PVC tubing, perhaps 5"in dia. cut to length to raise and hold the eggcrate up off the bottomof the pan. Then twice a week I just soak the parts in bleach water.

Thanks everyone for the compliments... I just love my kids and would do anything for them ;)

Thanks so much, 3Bears. I'm gonna try Home Depot again with that info. :)

Your bunnies are sooo cute. I just love seeing them together. :)

Jenniblu... the eggcrate is very flimsy... sofor a Flemish you'd have to have either a LOT of PVC tubes beneathit... LOL.... or perhaps make it a wire grid... something reallysturdy.

GOOD LUCK!!

3Bears wrote:
Jenniblu... the eggcrate is very flimsy... so for a Flemishyou'd have to have either a LOT of PVC tubes beneath it... LOL.... orperhaps make it a wire grid... something really sturdy.

GOOD LUCK!!
Oh no! I was hoping it was a sturdy as it looked. Guess I'll keep searching.

yeah.... unfortunately, the eggcrate is sturdyenough for the little hoppers... i.e. up to 6ish lbs... but those bighoppers will break it everytime ;)

Sandra

Latest posts

Back