The Food Dish Saga

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmas rabbit

Reaction score
So we have been fighting with Derby for months about his food dish. He pulls them all over, dumps them, flips them etc, etc. Doesn't seem to matter what size, weight or whatever. My husband came up with a super idea. We have stuck the coarse side of velcros tape to the bottom of his dishes. 2 pieces across and then 2 more pieces going the opposite direction over top of the original pieces so that it sticks up a little from the bottom of the dish. The dishes now stick to the carpet and are impossible for the little monkey to move. As he is a free range indoor bunny, cageless, attaching something to a wall of a cage was not an option. It really works, and is so much nicer than cleaning pellets up off the carpeting everyday. He has his own carpets in one area of our bedroom, they are stuck to the floor with double sided tape. The flooring is hardwood with throw rugs except for the area that is his that are good rubber backed rugs.

Derby, what an adorable stinker, glad to hear the velcro is working though. Not gonna be surprised if he finds a way to still tip it though, he seems like quite the determined fellow.

That is hysterical and what a creative idea! Archie, our new mini rex, is a huge bowl thrower. He will literally pick up his food bowl and carry it across his cage.

Anyway, he isn't free run so I just bought a bowl to attach to the side of his cage.

Crazy buns!! :)

sorry no I don't. Just 2 pieces one way, the other 2 the other way to make a square with the last 2 piece overlapped over the original. That way the velcros is slightly higher than the bottom of the dish and allows it to stick nicely to the carpeting.

Latest posts

Back