The Farmer's Market

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Take one look at these strawberries, and you'll see just how much we're enjoying our Sunday trips to our local Farmer's Market:

000_0931.jpg

Believe it or not, that's their true color, too...YUMMM...

And seconds later...they disappeared!!

000_0932.jpg

Hehe!!

And what happened to them after the picture was taken:

000_0935.jpg

Hi Rosie, can you make me a Strawberry Shortcake and send it Air Mail to me? I will be waiting by thedoor tomorrow for the delivery.

Susan :bunnydance:

Hehe...I do have a REALLY good recipe forStrawberry Shortcake...but I'm not convinced it'll survive theairmail...hehe!! :D

Not to mention...all the strawberries are gone now.

I hated strawberries until my husband started getting them from the Farmer's Market a few weeks ago...:)

Haha!! It's actually the recipe on the boxes of Bisquick. ;)

I even just make the bready part sometimes, and LOVE to eat it for breakfast!! YUMMM.....

SOOOSKA wrote:
Can I have your recipe or is it a family secret?

Susan:bunnydance:

Oh really?? Man, I wish I'd knownbunnies can eat the tops...we had tons from eating 3lbs of strawberriesthis morning, and I didn't even think about that...and threw the topsaway. :(

Next weekend, we'll have more...and I'll save the tops that time. :)

Michaela wrote:
And the bunnies love the tops!:D

What a grand picture Rosie. Thatcamera really takes great pictures. When I make strawberryshortcake, I like to make a yellow cake and top the strawberry mixtureand then cool whip. YYUUMMM!!!!!

Ooh...yummy idea, AngelnSnuffy...

Yeah, I'm really in love with this camera. I actually had totake the top and bottom pictures with the manual setting, so I got tocontrol the settings...it was fun! :)

maherwoman wrote:
Oh really?? Man, I wish I'd known bunnies can eatthe tops...we had tons from eating 3lbs of strawberries this morning,and I didn't even think about that...and threw the tops away.:(

Next weekend, we'll have more...and I'll save the tops that time. :)

Michaela wrote:
And the bunnies love the tops!:D
Yep, mine go crazy for them, they don't get them all that often though.

Definitely keep the tops, I was just trying to see if they likedstrawberries so I gave them one, pfft - they just ignored thestrawberry and ate the top:craziness

Connor,Teresaand Ringolove strawberries. As do us slaves.

Oh, they look(ed) delicious! How I wish we couldhave an open farmer's market here at this time of year. And Raph wouldbe drooling if I showed him that pic of the strawberry tops...asidefrom parsley (and banana, and craisins, and oranges, and peaches, andchicory, and Romaine :D), they have to be his favorite! He practicallyinhales them whenever I give him some.

(I have to avert my eyes from the strawberry photo...ours won't be ripehere until next June, and they just look so scrumptious!...lookaway...look away...!)

Actually, I think that's the one my husband goesto! He goes while we're still asleep on Sunday morning, andcomes home with all sorts of surprises! :)

He loves to surprise me with different types of cheese, and such. :)

Anyway, do you go on Sundays??

I think it's the weather here (it HAD to havebeen at least 75 F here today...argh) that allows those beauties to beso ripe and lovely.

I would send you some if I could!! :)

Bassetluv wrote:
Oh, they look(ed)delicious! How I wish we could have an open farmer's market here atthis time of year. And Raph would be drooling if I showed him that picof the strawberry tops...aside from parsley (and banana, and craisins,and oranges, and peaches, and chicory, and Romaine :D), they have to behis favorite! He practically inhales them whenever I give him some.

(I have to avert my eyes from the strawberry photo...ours won't be ripehere until next June, and they just look so scrumptious!...lookaway...look away...!)

maherwoman wrote:
Actually, I think that's the one my husband goesto! He goes while we're still asleep on Sunday morning, andcomes home with all sorts of surprises! :)

He loves to surprise me with different types of cheese, and such. :)

Anyway, do you go on Sundays??
We used to go there with my dad on weekends when we'd go to work withhim (we'd play with teh xerox machines ;)) Sometimes we'd go to theBeverly Hills farmers market before we went to his office.Others to the LA one for lunch. I like the crepesthere.

Every once in a while we go to the one here in my town which is on Sundays.

Latest posts

Back